The new ms201T CHAIN, what do you think?

Mesterh

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Cant believe no one has cottoned on to the obvious problem I pretended I had.:001_rolleyes:

I would have thought it was plainly obvious that the depth gauges needed a bit more filing than normal since they have a silly anti kick back thingy!!!!!:001_rolleyes:

Even though they look good to the eye and a depth gauge says they are fine they have a hided line on either side to show where to file to!

Come on, I thought you were all professional chainsaw users!!!

:blushing:

You numbnut!!:001_rolleyes:

The fact that you even own a depth guage says it all :001_rolleyes:

While were talking about this chain (which is awesome IMO) does anybody else think its a bit suspicious that Stihl bring out a much better chain for the launch of there new saw:sneaky2:

Is the new saw really more powerful??

Or is it just the better chain??

Has any one with a new saw tried using the old chains on it?? is really a more powerful saw??

Edited by skyhuck

You numbnut!!:001_rolleyes:

The fact that you even own a depth guage says it all :001_rolleyes:

While were talking about this chain (which is awesome IMO) does anybody else think its a bit suspicious that Stihl bring out a much better chain for the launch of there new saw:sneaky2:

Has any one with a new saw tried using the old chains on it?? is really a more powerful saw??

Interestingly enough I was thinking the same thing..

Did the 200T really need updating or re-designed??

A timeless masterpiece of a chainsaw and they have to mess about with it!!

Just like Husquvarna discontinuing the 254!

I wonder if the manufacturers dont really want people to have really really good quality kit, as they sell less spares/replacements??

You numbnut!!

The fact that you even own a depth guage says it all

It does indeed.:laugh1:

I am a bit of a whopper when it comes to the depth gauges, I usually forget about them then wallop them down.

Although my depth gauge is well and truly shiny and only got used on the new chain when I was desperate!

Its like those groove scrapers, I buy one every fews years only to find it disappear within about 3 days of buying it!

I'm still just buying the oregon ATM as the work I'm doing is battering the saws and the full chisel doesnt last 2 minutes.

I always wondered why they didnt make a full chisel for the 020, maybe part of Stihls long term plans to blag us.:sneaky2:

If only someone would do a back to back comparison like mentioned, now who said they were going to do that?:001_smile:

Over here stihl had a bad batch of chains coming out. Temper was wrong and even snapping chains for no reason. This was in 325 3/8 so maybe the PS3 was effected too.

Yep thats it!:w00t:

Forget what I said, I can now blame the tools!

Cheers MR cut4fun.:thumbup::wink: