Ways of dealing with neighbours...

Lumberjack Pad

It is only worth steaming in as a last resort - if the neighbour is generally OK then let it wash over you. If it is ongoing then politely state your case -it isn't worth pissing them off if they are reasonable people.

I had a neighbour that we eventually moved away from - current neighbours are tops - one has a saw and just sold his son in law one:thumbup:

Other neighbour finds my saw escapades amusing - never an angry word and often come round for a BBQ etc - I am lucky:thumbup:

The old neighbour - we called him bellend - coz he was!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Move to a farm, weve got no neighbours for at least 50 yards in any direction, one place is a dog breeder, lots of barking, can barely hear them even round the yard, I used to have big parties and never had complaints. It's brill!

I agree with others, letting your kid sleep with the noise is better, I sleep through a lot as I grew up with a lot of noise early mornings. It's not worth getting worked up as I thunk it's unnecessary stress!

A scientific study recently found that some of us are born with a "switch" in the brain. When certain noises occur those people can flick the switch hence some people (like my missus) can sleep through the noise of a party or a stereo blaring etc. Personally I don't have the switch so things like a dripping tap, ticking clock, barking dog, stereo etc drive me nuts. After a while it is the only thing I can hear and it does drive me batty. The latest thing is crickets chirruping outside the window to the extent that I'm out there with the bug spray at night hunting them down. Meanwhile the wife would sleep through a bomb going off. Having said that; I have to live with the fact that parties etc here are rare so I have to learn to live with the odd one when there is one. Same same I think with the concrete cutter. If it was every week I'd be nigh on suicidal but once in a blue moon? I'd probably just head out for a drive or walk or stick my headphones on for a while. If I had the chance though I'd live in the middle of nowhere but nop doubt there would still be something out there to keep me awake.

:The old neighbour - we called him bellend - coz he was!

:laugh1: know that feeling! We are doing same, house has been on market for a year with just one viewing though. :confused1: Both sides of neighbours are probably about 90% of the reason for moving too

Move to a farm,

Have you looked at the price of houses in cumbria??!! Having enough trouble convincing the morgage people to lend us for what we have now, nevermind a detatched house or a farm!! It's the same story the country over but in Cumbria it is quite bad. :001_rolleyes:

my neighbors is a complete cock,the worst music you have ever heard played at full blast,untill another neighbor climbed over his fence without a stitch on and smashed his stereo to bits...cant tell you how funny it was !!! :thumbup: it was 22:00

my neighbors is a complete cock,the worst music you have ever heard played at full blast,untill another neighbor climbed over his fence without a stitch on and smashed his stereo to bits...cant tell you how funny it was !!! :thumbup: it was 22:00

Different life up there in Salford isn't it - I would be quite shocked if my pensioner neighbours climbed through my window in the buff - think I may have to call in the men in white coats - hang on, thats the other neighbours - one is a psychologist and she is batty - but a very nice lady:laugh1:

I'm glad someone else has noisy neighbours. If hes not drilling on our joining wall (the side of our house where our 2 sons sleep aged 4 and 1) shes up 3 times a day hovering(OCD i think). What makes me smile is that she as fat as a elephant, he aint much better and all the noisy work they do is on a house they dont own. and one letter to the right department could get them kicked out. The only problem with this is what idiot moves in next. just grin and bear it or give em the same treatment and get your son to bang on the wall for half an hour before he goes to bed