oak and cedar dismantles

LR90

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just out of interest, why wasn't the tree just felled ?

Just reading through this thread, and Dean has beat me to it.

Pictures rarely tell the whole story, but there seemed to be adequate space. :confused1:

Bit of soil and grass seed is a lot cheaper than a mewp or a crane. :biggrin:

I am a regular mewp user, and I would have prefererred to have cut the top out from a rope and harness than position a mewp that close for that kind of a cut. ( Using the mewp for access, because of my laziness and inability :lol:)

IME the most efficient use of mewps in tree work is in conjunction with climbing, rather than either/or.

Matt Butlers comments about the boom configurations of a lot of mewps not being very handy for tree work, is very well observed.

Anyway, good job by the OP and his team. All down safely, and thats what counts. :thumbup1:

Not at all!!!

A decent climber would have up that and have put the gob in before the MEWP was even set up!!!:001_tt2:

Plus the cost of the MEWP would be turned into pure profit!!!:thumbup1:

So what would you say to a little challenge???????,

two similar dismantles (one climbed the other using MEWP) winner is the first to have tree prosessed and site clean and ready to leave............

two similar dismantles (one climbed the other using MEWP) winner is the first to have tree prosessed and site clean and ready to leave............

Ok, but it needs to be from the quote stage.

and it's an apple tree under 30 phone lines at the back of a tenement. :)

Matt you work for a large company , you are tripping over kit mate.

most of us are too tight to buy a descent alloy step ladder lol

Out of interest Mat, how long would you have taken to do the cedar in the op? Not to clear up just down to ground level.

TD Tree & Land Services Ltd.

Nice job LR90!

Thats an interesting challenge

I'd be well up for that!!!!!!!!!:thumbup:

Out of interest Mat, how long would you have taken to do the cedar in the op? Not to clear up just down to ground level.

TD Tree & Land Services Ltd.

i would have clear felled it so probably about 10 minutes:thumbup:

no, seriously i don't see why you couldn't dismantle it out of a mewp in chipper friendly pieces and cog the stem in fair size lumps in about 2 hours