which camera for climbing

Samuel

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

never used one, but there was an indepth thread about it on here somwhere, a good review too

http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/business-software/12105-drift-innovation-x170-helmet-camera.html

Drift innovation now also produces an HD camera with additional facilities, such as time-lapse video (tripod maounted, recording hours of work, replaying in seconds). See HD170 for details

Drift Innovation helmet cams have some benefits:

• They are rugged
  • Waterproof
  • Contain screen for reviewing video
  • Wrist mounted remote
  • Velcro mounted to helmet

Edited by morten

Drift 170HD or Gopro hd hero are the best two really. I prefer the gopro because it has so many different mounts and they can be strapped onto different hard hats. Of which your best hat is a vertex vent as you can strap through the vents and the curve on the hat is good.

I will say the gopro is much better in the wet as the 170hd and x170 as they are not 100% waterproof for over 10 minutes submegered but will survive most rain storms outside. (as i was told by drift inovations)

Now just to throw another two in the bag, pov 1.5 is good for around the same price and is what testcricket01 uses and if you've got lots of money buy the pov 1.5hd.

As it gets said GoPro or GoHome i might be a bit biest tho.

Drift 170HD or Gopro hd hero are the best two really. I prefer the gopro because it has so many different mounts and they can be strapped onto different hard hats. Of which your best hat is a vertex vent as you can strap through the vents and the curve on the hat is good.

I will say the gopro is much better in the wet as the 170hd and x170 as they are not 100% waterproof for over 10 minutes submegered but will survive most rain storms outside. (as i was told by drift inovations)

Now just to throw another two in the bag, pov 1.5 is good for around the same price and is what testcricket01 uses and if you've got lots of money buy the pov 1.5hd.

what is the battery life on the go pro? that is the one thing that is putting me off getting one? also what sort of battery life is james getting with his pov?

heres my most recent video. film all my videos on the Vio POV 1.5 works very well battarys last ages. you get a wrist strap so you can start and stop filming remotely etc very well built.

heres the vid

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EosTK_QojPs&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL]YouTube - ‪eucalyptus dismantle‬‏[/ame]

check out all my vids if you want to see any quality differences

i also have to say i do like the gopro my only thing with that is battary life and the buttons are abit fiddly but hope you make the right choice none of them are cheap

what is the battery life on the go pro? that is the one thing that is putting me off getting one. also what sort of battery life is james getting with his pov?

Anyone tried the mini HD or the mini HD2?

£90 for HD and £100 for HD2

I was thinking of getting one of them cos the cost is much less without all the fancy bits you get on the others. Just wondering if the quality is the same as it looks like it is.