Hows the log sales going now

mendiplogs

Don't panic I know someone who has been selling logs for forty years and done well at it. Has a place in Barbados and goes beginning of November when he has 1000 tonnes logged in stock. Comes back a week or two before Christmas when all the idiots and spongers have sold out and sells the lot out by March and at good price.:biggrin: winter only just began a few days ago two months time the firewood forum will be full of people looking for dry cord.

Hi Steve sound great mate thanks Jon

Give it till the end of season, never know what will happen

Done that since 2010; getting bored.

Do you know someone is selling at these prices or just reports?

Been having a look at log websites around the country and there is some pretty dodgy measuring going on when it comes to volumes of logs :lol:

PM on its way...

Dead. Been asking my customers where they've gone; they can now get 2m3 bone dry hardwood for £100 from elsewhere; no fly-by-night either; big concern with atleast 150 ton ready to go.

Time to pack in logs I reckon, not worth the bother; struggling to make a buck at £75/m3 hetas spec hardwood.

D K logs at Aberfeldy selling 4m3 for £220 delivered kiln dried, heard he's 1 month behind on deliveries and about to fit a 2nd kiln so guess that's where majority of my customers have gone I can't compete at those prices.

I delivered 2 1m3 bags of oak out today air dried 17.2% £120 each

D K logs at Aberfeldy selling 4m3 for £220 delivered kiln dried, heard he's 1 month behind on deliveries and about to fit a 2nd kiln so guess that's where majority of my customers have gone I can't compete at those prices.

Hi logs what size are your bags then logs thanks Jon

Think they've up it to £250 but still cant imagine his neighbour will be to pleased.

RHI payments must be subsidising it to some extent.

Think they've up it to £250 but still cant imagine his neighbour will be to pleased.

RHI payments must be subsidising it to some extent.

I don't know where he's getting the money to buy kilns and sell at that price, also heard Angus logs have expanded hugely and bought over 1,000 tons this year for processing. the other puzzle is where are they advertising I haven't seen much not that I buy papers often.

dupplin are looking to expand their sales by 40% this year and RTS are looking at a minimum to double up theirs.

That's cheap, looks like they only sell one size load as well £250