Hows the log sales going now

mendiplogs

Thought that I'd have a quick look at the competition adds.....getting frustrated!!! We've not done to bad up to Christmas considering that its been so mild (although no where near last year!)...But what is it with people constantly driving the price down!!??? If we all looked at each other and kept it the same we'd all be ok!!!...rant over...for now!

Dont do it steve! Let the competition get frustrated by you selling at a healthy price instead of you worrying about them.

Ive upper my price this year (am probably the dearest in the area) but ive sold more then last year, ive retained my customers and have had 15 new customers in december alone....thats despite some competition being less then half the price I am.

Dont do it steve! Let the competition get frustrated by you selling at a healthy price instead of you worrying about them.

Ive upper my price this year (am probably the dearest in the area) but ive sold more then last year, ive retained my customers and have had 15 new customers in december alone....thats despite some competition being less then half the price I am.

Must be those superb quality Ash logs you managed to source this year Ben;)

Round here you can get a potato box of hardwood for £20 delivered (beer boys)

Not far down the road, you can get kiln dried hardwood for £50 a cube.

I sell a box of hardwood for £121 delivered

HI MATE thats mad £20 potato box how many SQ/MT IN A BOX that must be CHEAPEST IN THE UK MAY NOT BURN :lol:BUT IT CHEAP thanks jon :thumbup:

1.7 sq/mt

HI MATE thats mad :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:happy new year thanks jon :thumbup:

Hi Ben,

Your right...I've still got my customers from previous years, picked up quite a few new ones that said they were happy when I delivered...and had a couple from recommendations....nothing better than that!

I hear what your saying....and I have no problem with healthy competition...and I'm not afraid of it...its just that crazy prices don't do anyone any good....

...within an hour of my post I'm now booked out for half the day delivering tomorrow...so I know my product is good....

may be it was just as "off" morning!? lol

Glad to hear it and that was exactly my point. There will always be competition and people trying to make a fast buck with cheap and inferior stuff. Over time the well established efficient business will win out.