Hows the log sales going now

mendiplogs

I have a theory that some customers may be thinking they can get through this winter with what they had left from last winter. If we have a cold snap and wood supplies dry up its too late for the hack it up to order boys to react. I think we are in for a cold week down south from Friday. There is still time yet I hope. I notice a few tender sales have been cancelled is this due to lack of interest ? Maybe cord wood will return to sensible levels. :thumbup1:

I have a theory that some customers may be thinking they can get through this winter with what they had left from last winter.

I go with that too Steve. Last winter was so horrible that many customers kept well stocked up & when (round here) winter finished suddenly on Feb 3rd, they were left with lots of logs. Some of my regulars have still not re-stocked & I know they haven't gone elsewhere.

Despite that, whilst I'm a little down on last year in terms of no. of deliveries, I'm up on value.

were flat out [10 loads+ per day] up to xmas... done around 7 or 8 since...

How do you stay busy Nick. Are they new customers through advertising or word of mouth. we used to be run of our feet from referrals but I think everyone is buying as cheap as possible. We have still done ok but not run off our feet like the last 3 years.