Hows the log sales going now

mendiplogs

Nothing like last year. Just looked through local paper 7 adverts "Logs for sale" I'm happy ticking over as i've got no real outgoings and my main advertising is word of mouth. Still selling a nice few briquettes locally to people who've been supplied green/wet wood and cant burn it and are using them to try and burn the said wood. The cord sat in my yard is only going to get better with time and it can sit there another 12months if need be but I doubt it will. I think a nice cold Jan/Feb will get the orders in as most of the locals have been caught out now and will be willing to pay for better wood.

:thumbup:

same as,

think i counted 13 adverts in the local rag the other night,word of mouth is tops.

just had call from customer who ordered a load [1.3m3] fom me yesterday... been takin wood there on and off for prob 10 yrs... she asked how much... i said same as last yr and the yr before..... she ordered it yesterday for sat delivery and has just said can she cancel as her husband has had cheaper price from somewhere else.. i said no problem, but they have no idea how much there gettin, all they no is its a pickup load... these people live in great big house worth over 750k and they are always tryin to screw the last penny out of anything i've ever done for them... trees hedges, skips, logs... i've had enough and told her to delete my no and not ring me again.......

Yes but you need to feel sorry for them they were getting 5k a week on there pension now its only 2k. Range rover autobiography is now approaching 100k and depreciation is shocking if you NEED a new one every year. :biggrin:

Yes but you need to feel sorry for them they were getting 5k a week on there pension now its only 2k. Range rover autobiography is now approaching 100k and depreciation is shocking if you NEED a new one every year. :biggrin:

ha... yeah your not wrong...... as soon as she said who it was yesterday i knew what was coming...... "£80 a load, that seems alot"... she says.. same as last yr and yr before i says.... which she was happy with..... i expect the husband went to pub last nite which is a stones throw away and someones given him a number...... when i asked her how much she was buyin she didnt no what to say......

ha... yeah your not wrong...... as soon as she said who it was yesterday i knew what was coming...... "£80 a load, that seems alot"... she says.. same as last yr and yr before i says.... which she was happy with..... i expect the husband went to pub last nite which is a stones throw away and someones given him a number...... when i asked her how much she was buyin she didnt no what to say......

HI nick no what you mine mate when the chaps logs down the pub do not burn tell them where to go all the best jon :thumbup:

I wouldn't have got her to delete my number and then told her the logs had gone up when she phoned in January or February :biggrin:

I had a funny situation this evening towing a 4 cube load home from the workshop to stack at the house. I pulled over to meet someone at their workshop only for a brand spanking new Range Rover to pull in too (white, private registration).

He asked me if I sold logs, I said no, private supply. He asked where I got them from, I explained it's a by product of my business, but he could call the estate for a load (£143 delivered, about 2 cubic metres). He thought that was most reasonable! It's funny that people will often haggle you for your last penny on logs, yet will chase you down in the street to get your number!

Jonathan

well deducted sherlock :laugh1:

Same here, win some loose some, Tried dressing the truck today with tinsel and wearing santa hats, got £20 christmas tips, then 1 woman phoned in tears as her logs got snowed on before she got home, another man gave me a mouthfull when said I could not stack as normal I explained we were trying to get finished before dark as we had an hours drive and it was snowing heavily at home with ice predicted I got no sympathy. Now I feel like giving up the whole thing!

another man gave me a mouthfull when said I could not stack as normal I explained we were trying to get finished before dark as we had an hours drive and it was snowing heavily at home with ice predicted I got no sympathy. Now I feel like giving up the whole thing!

So you offered less service than you do normally and feel like giving up when it was not appreciated?

Don't get me wrong, I feel for you and your desire to be at home by the fire but if it's a service you offered and he pays for?

You're home now I expect:biggrin:

Knocked back this afternoon with heavy rain from 3pm onward so that now makes it 21 cube to do this w'end, How about you Jon(Mendiplogs) what sort of quantity you moving this time of year mate?

Did a search on google for Mendiplogs website fair play thats a pretty good site you've had done I see you advertise softwood on it???Or is the "Mendiplogs" site not yours???

Thanks Phil.