Which chainsaw trousers?

RobinN

I'm new into climbing and I'm in the process of gettting some kit together. However the cost is mounting and I was wondering is really essential to spend around 200 on a pair of type C trousers or are there cheaper alternatives while still having a good pair of trousers for climbing in? Any advice would be appreciatied.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive only just been into climbing and ive got the stihl hiflex, find them fine, mate who i work with has stretch air which he swears by, so il probably invest in them if i ever bought my own ppe to be honest. ive been on a couple of climbing courses not so long back, two different instructors, both also had stretch airs....

Just get whats comfy for you. Obviously price varies and the most expensive ones are usually the best ones unfortunately. If you think you are going to be climbing a lot then its worth splashing out the cash for a decent pair seeing as you wear them every day.

Stretch Air are indeed the Daddy, but they are stupidly priced.

Hiflex are comfy and light but disintegrate when you look at them funny.

Oregon Waiupos (sp) are worth a look, get a size larger than norm because they are quite form fitting!

As always, try some on before you buy if possible.

Search option has over a billion threads on trousers now!

Probably, but im not to keen on sawdust between the toes. :001_tongue:

why not wear a pair of those spatts with them then lol .

as for the question regarding chainsaw trousers i would personally get something half decent to start off with . why not try some of the sip trousers ? well priced (by F.R Jones) and well maid