WANTED: Tractor and trailer with timber grab Mid Sussex

tim361

Having phoned the council and checking it was alright to dump 80 tonnes of beech cord in our field, they have now said we have 3 months to move it all as we didn't apply for permission to import and process timber to the site. To save us killing ourselves over the next few months and moving it by hand does anyone have or know of someone with a tractor and trailer with timber grab that we can pay to move it for us.

The wood is currently in a field in Danehill, Sussex and will be moved to a bit of forest we own in Birch Grove, Sussex. A round trip of approx 2 miles. Any one know of anyone in the area

Cheers Tim

Sounds like madness.

I'm sure your council should have better priorities for their time and money.

Can you imagine what a judge would say if given the facts?

Assuming you're storing it there to season for a while before processing, after which the field will resort to its previous use then its sounds perfectly reasonable.

Forestry as with Agriculture enjoys quite rightly some exemptions in planning law.

Personally I would humour them and then continue as is.

Yeah it is the stuff stacked by the coach. I live on tanyard lane, you must be fairly local then?

Spoke to a guy called Adrian Scott who my dad knows, he gave us the number of another guy who moves turners wood for them, and he's not free until September. Can't think of anyone else to try.

Yeah it is the stuff stacked by the coach. I live on tanyard lane, you must be fairly local then?

Spoke to a guy called Adrian Scott who my dad knows, he gave us the number of another guy who moves turners wood for them, and he's not free until September. Can't think of anyone else to try.

You could try reading your pm's!

Jon

Tim

Just sent a PM with details of a mate who may well be able to help out.

I'm just at the top of Stone Quarry - so pretty local yeah !!

It's a fine looking stack of wood that for sure!

Cheers

Steve

Did read my pm's, Birch Grove estate doesn't have any equipment like that, but I'll look into the hardys and the farm by the sloop.

Thanks for the number will give him a ring and see if he can help. Are you the tree surgeon with the disco and the 110?

Currently were waiting for some form of official documents from the council out lining what we have done wrong and what we need to do about it. My dads neighbor is a solicitor and has passed on the number of a guy who just deals with planning law. So were going to talk to him with reguards to where we stand and if we can fight it.

Never knew it would be such a pain to process some cord into logs.