What Chipper?

~Jon.

Thank you for the advice. I have only worked with an Arboreater and a Jensen before and both were claiming to be 6" machines but the difference ended there so I am aware that there are large differences in performance between makes.

I was impressed with the Jensens power, construction and ease of maintenance they seem like pretty sorted products.

Not having used a Timberwolf I cant comment on their performance but I have had a noes around one and they don't look anywhere near as well made as the Jensen.

I have never even seen a Greenmech but they look pretty good value. Not as many about that I can find though.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a 10 year old timberwolf 6inch the only things to break where exhaust and a bolt from a hyraulic motor, 10 years use now what more do you want. they are not built to chip iron just trees and they do it very well and are light, I like em so much just got brand new one with pukka new honda engine and its mustard.

Used a schliesing good but over built and priced

jensen was ok again over built heavy lots to go wrong

greenmech never used just look weak tho they may be ok

The only other machine on a dream machine list is the schliesing 235mx but for 25g you can do one :thumbup:

I counter your Argument by stating TW's are rubbish in general and pale in comparison with a Jensens Power and Teutonic Engineering Brilliance.

I would agree and choose the jensen too, however frank is right, the stress control on the tw is stupidly quick, in fact its on more than its off, and would probably be quite annoying.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

I counter your Argument by stating TW's are rubbish in general and pale in comparison with a Jensens Power and Teutonic Engineering Brilliance.

My sentiments exactly....AND the stress control takes some beating...

the greenmech cm 220 is built, we used one on a big willow pollard and it would chip anything you could get to it with ease, the jensen a530 is a fantastic machine, easy to maintain and wont let you down, timberwolf 150 is a good machine but i only used one 3 times and ive already found out there annoying bits.

Interesting most people I know who don't own a chipper but given a choice of dragging a tw150 or it's jenson equivalent in the morning, fight over the timberwolf.... A couple of my old groundworkers when we catch up for a beer have nothing good to say about there jensons they use now...

Visited the Greenmech factory a couple of months back, never really heard of them before that but after seeing what goes into the design and build of these machines I would definitely go for a Greenmech. Really nice staff and built here in the UK so any problems you can go directly to the factory, what more would you want?

"Really nice staff"?

My old English teacher used to say that the word "nice" was non-descriptive and therefore wet! Couldn't you describe us with a bit more Passion please! "Nice" Forsooth!!!