How far would you travel if your subbing for a company

plippy

I did 1 1/2 hours each way last year in a landrover, £30 a day in diesel for £10 a day less than I usually get. 14 hour day and lots of mileage on the wagon. It was the only work I could get. I won't do it again :(

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all I travle about up to 20 miles for my flat day rate then if the company is further then depending on how far I set a a min number of days for a booking . So I can land up all over the uk so. Say a job was in Surrey and I am from somerset it would be a min of a 4 day booking at my normal day rate . I have just finished a job in north of Scotland it was an 8 week booking . Now am on a long booking in Bristol . So I never mind how far I have to travle to do my work as long as the booking meets the min amount of days I am willing to do the booking for so for me it works out well rather then me having to ask for a bigger day rate.

Littletree:thumbup:

for the last 7 years i have done a round trip of 1500 miles visiting 3 sites I charged 3k an it took 4 days to service 3 generators.

How's your industry changed in that time, Steve?

Were you charging £3k 7 years ago for the same work?

How's your industry changed in that time' date=' Steve?

Were you charging £3k 7 years ago for the same work?[/quote']

Yes and this year we put £300 on to cover the fuel increase over the last 7 years and we have not seen a purchase order for the last 6 months. But I can find plenty to do in my own back yard. :biggrin: