To all you bosses - How much would you pay a day for a groundie?

button1803

At the moment my overheads are rent, fuel, kit wear and cider. Im 18, I won't be able to live like this for much longer, and it could drive me out of the industry. You earn £120 a day as a painter using someone else's brushes round here! The lowest I have/will work for is £65 a day. Thats self employed as a subbie, but I have to be learning stuff from you and like you for that!

Would you want to paint all day??

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After a bit of a think I think i've come over a bit harshly in this thread and misrepresented my position. I have one trusted guy who i have known for most of my years, he's not very qualified but i'd happily leave him alone on site doing any job on the ground without worrying. ifhe grounds for me i want for nothing, everythings ready ahead of time and he's where he needs to be, any little accidents are dealt with swiftly and made good, we can communicate most thing without speaking etc etc. I pay him as much as i can within reason and worth every penny, and if anyone has the pleasure of similar services day to day they should too!:thumbup1:

And you only pay him £60 a day for all that? Merely by leaving him alone unqualified on site, you are trusting him with your whole business.If that is as much as you can afford, you need to put your prices up.

My mate is a painter, he gets £50 a day, and he'srecently had a raise! But they do typically work 9 till about 4 with more tea breaks than can be productive...from my arb tainted point of view anyway:001_tt2:

when you say your mate had a raise, did he start working higher up on the scaffolding:lol: