Chimney sweeping service as well as supplying logs

cessna

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I offer the service, along side the logs, i find it has had mixed results, some are very happy and love it, others have made stupid remarks like, does your wood ruin our chimney then !!

I have a regular list of clients who are happy and thats all that matters to me.

Any new customers, i try and have a chat about the previous wood they used, how often they had the chimney swept etc, the odd one seem to think i am trying to screw them for more money, but on the whole most are impressed to learn what burning wet wood does, and the fact i pass on information freely, whether they take up the sweep service or not dont matter to me.

It helps get rid of the cowboys selling crap wood

I offer the service, along side the logs, i find it has had mixed results, some are very happy and love it, others have made stupid remarks like, does your wood ruin our chimney then !!

I have a regular list of clients who are happy and thats all that matters to me.

Any new customers, i try and have a chat about the previous wood they used, how often they had the chimney swept etc, the odd one seem to think i am trying to screw them for more money, but on the whole most are impressed to learn what burning wet wood does, and the fact i pass on information freely, whether they take up the sweep service or not dont matter to me.

crap wood `:confused1: or do you mean wet wood ??

crap wood `:confused1: or do you mean wet wood ??

Wet wood and crap wood are both the same thing when delivered on the week you want to burn them.

But yes i meant crap wood, i have seen loads of old window frames, floor boards, pallets, even ply delivered as a load of logs !

So what courses/qualifications do you need to be a sweep and how long does it take to become qualified? and what does it cost?