Chimney sweeping service as well as supplying logs

cessna

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hy all this is my first post but it is going to offend a few people

I'm sorry Fahrenheit I would stick to installing stoves as you must be doing a shocking job if u are in and out in 15 mins and could do 15 jobs a day I would go as far to say that you are ripping people off as you are not doing a proper job.

You are going to end up with a lot of unhappy customers especially when their liners set on fire and fail due to poor sweeping and maintenance

If I was u I would stick to installing stoves as you have a very good reputation but u don't want to spoil it by becoming known as a cowboy sweep

Hello mate - another one from the UCS forum!

I wouldn't worry too much about Fahrenheit mate - I know he does a top job and he has an awful lot of customers who have been with him for years. A well fitted and well fed stove is a doddle to sweep compared to others and Chris always makes sure he educates his customers about using the stove properly, so there's very rarely a problem of any sort. As he said, most of the stuff he sweeps these days is his own installation work so he knows it's been done right in the first place. I've seen a lot of his work, and to be honest - I just wish he was MY local stove fitter! He also spends a lot of time taking out existing installations and doing them properly instead after the clients have had problems - and has a list of stories as long as your arm! He's been in this game for a long time now, and has a fantastic reputation in his area - and picks up a lot more work than his cheapo competition locally - so I reckon he must be doing a pretty good job!

Cheers,

Andy

I have a few customers who have used him who have moved to my neck of the woods and from what I've heard fitting wise he is one of the best but obviously seeing a post which says he does does 15 a day at 15 mins a job is a little worrying

I have a few customers who have used him who have moved to my neck of the woods and from what I've heard fitting wise he is one of the best but obviously seeing a post which says he does does 15 a day at 15 mins a job is a little worrying

Yea thats sweeping not fitting a stove !