Whats your big saw?

Paul Smith

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i reckon i must be the only person that likes the makita saws, bar lee.

Used a 7900 for felling some oak a year or so ago and was impressed with weight and power but got seriously peed off with the chain adjuster jamming in the casing and not allowing you to slacken off when taking off the clutch cover and thought the on/off hard to get used too (i suppose you get so use to other makes) It was a demo saw which the contractor then bought but he has had problems with base gaskets but for the price they were going for they were well priced.

Used a 7900 for felling some oak a year or so ago and was impressed with weight and power but got seriously peed off with the chain adjuster jamming in the casing and not allowing you to slacken off when taking off the clutch cover and thought the on/off hard to get used too (i suppose you get so use to other makes) It was a demo saw which the contractor then bought but he has had problems with base gaskets but for the price they were going for they were well priced.

i bought my 7901 mostly for climbing with and im very happy with it,mines 4 months old and has had a fair bit of work some large fells and plenty of climbing

i have a ms660 which to start with was rubbish. no end of problems with it. i got that sorted finally and its a brilliant saw. going to be getting a 372xp at the APF show i think though. maybe a 441 i dont know?

at work they have a 3120 with a 48",395 with a 28" and a 385 with a 24"

• 3 weeks later...

On our trucks we keep two 020T climbing, 361 Groundie saw, 045 for climbing, 650 for felling big choging, but we have one 088 shared by five teams and its sh** i **cking hate that pile of sh** :mad1: no one looks after it.

Its never sharp and the bars are burred badly besides that there's no extra oiling feature its just crap i would prefer a huskie.

On our trucks we keep two 020T climbing, 361 Groundie saw, 045 for climbing, 650 for felling big choging, but we have one 088 shared by five teams and its sh** i **cking hate that pile of sh** :mad1: no one looks after it.

Its never sharp and the bars are burred badly besides that there's no extra oiling feature its just crap i would prefer a huskie.

the keyword being "shared" when equipment is "personal" usually alot more care is applied,bit like any tool,van etc