A very dodgy firm to work for.

Dave Martin

So what changes a person when they are elected to represent us? Does a politician start out as a good guy/girl and then take some sort of 'hypocratic oath' that states they must squander, lie, line their own pockets and/or adulterate:001_smile:

Or......are they just representative of the human race as a whole?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So what changes a person when they are elected to represent us? Does a politician start out as a good guy/girl and then take some sort of 'hypocratic oath' that states they must squander, lie, line their own pockets and/or adulterate:001_smile:

Or......are they just representative of the human race as a whole?

Or is it normally a certain type of person who stands?

I recently thought about entering into local politics because I'm fizzed off with ineffective people working at local level but then they are held down by the regional councils who are held down by national policies made up by the mandarins who rule this country out of Whitehall, not Downing Street.

But yes to one post, greed (power or money or fame)overcomes ones beliefs!

I recently thought about entering into local politics because I'm fizzed off with ineffective people working at local level but then they are held down by the regional councils who are held down by national policies made up by the mandarins who rule this country out of Whitehall, not Downing Street.

But yes to one post, greed (power or money or fame)overcomes ones beliefs!

Brussels?

If one thinks that one can do better, then please, be my guest and start to try! We will soon find that we will swap one shower for another, but they will have less credibility and experience. (regrettably)

God no! I know where my talents lay and running the country isn't one of my fortes. Or not that I know of, anyway :sneaky2::lol:

But neither am I going to be one of the fickle voters and turn around and whinge about someone that I voted for, even if the choice was limited and they were the lesser of evils and not my ideal candidate.