Trees in Conservation Areas

Jon Lad

It's from the date they get it and log it, as IC says. My local authorities normally email an acknowledgment and give a specific date by which they will have responded. If that date comes and goes with no further contact from them then you can go ahead and carry out the proposed works. If they aren't that busy they may be quicker, but it still has to be given a set time for public consultation and parish council viewing and approval.

hi think its worth while giving tree officer a call as he might have overlooked it lost forgotten ect it has the effect of getting on good terms with local council and that will be very helpfull to you in future and gets you a good image :thumbup:

It's from the date they get it and log it, as IC says. My local authorities normally email an acknowledgment and give a specific date by which they will have responded. If that date comes and goes with no further contact from them then you can go ahead and carry out the proposed works. If they aren't that busy they may be quicker, but it still has to be given a set time for public consultation and parish council viewing and approval.

I've often wondered about the legality of this system

OK You may not hear for 6 weeks but

What if the letter was lost in the post

or not sent for whatever reason.

If you do the work - how can you prove you never received a letter.??

You could prove you did receive a letter- this would be a better way!!:thumbup1:

Is the six weeks prior notice you have to give the LPA, effective from the date they receive the notice? Or is it from the date on the notification form which you sign and send to them?:confused1:

Technically I believe it is actually from the date of the 'notice' and not from the date of receipt by the LPA. However pragmatism, an reasonableness, would dictate that in practice this is the date used otherwise we'd all be sending them in during the fifth week after writing.

REMEMBER too, that whilst encouraged, you are not required to give a sect. 211 notice using the 1APP standard form. Hence should you simply wish to submit a copy of your quote, then provided it is aequately detailed and includes all the necessary infomration, it should suffice.

Cheers all..

Paul

Technically I believe it is actually from the date of the 'notice' and not from the date of receipt by the LPA. However pragmatism, an reasonableness, would dictate that in practice this is the date used otherwise we'd all be sending them in during the fifth week after writing.

REMEMBER too, that whilst encouraged, you are not required to give a sect. 211 notice using the 1APP standard form. Hence should you simply wish to submit a copy of your quote, then provided it is aequately detailed and includes all the necessary infomration, it should suffice.

Cheers all..

Paul

Good point! I know of one LA that try to get you to fill out a 1APP which is ridiculous!