Land rover 130 with hiab help with laws

defender-kris

i believe that as the land rover is classed as a dual purpose vehicle a operators licence is not required you might need a tacho though. Have you worked out how heavy the installation will be this all comes of your capacity to carry I looked at this and came to the conclusion that my 130 would be overweight with a one tonne load plus crane two men a few tools and fuel and a crane big enough to load the trailer was even worse, 130's with cranes are very uncommon anglian water had one but it was plated to be a hgv

no you dont but theres is something about you got to have the hiab inspected every year if lifting logs brcik ect but every 6 months if ilfting a person and vosa do ask to see the inspection certiface if you do get stoped i have firends who do lift and shift work Blakes Self Loading Vehicles they got hiabs that will lift 75 ton pluss so i could ask what you need to have to be inside the law if you need to be

When I bought my 130 it had a hiab fitted. I have since removed it as it reduced the payload too much and was in the way of the tipper conversion. There was no tacho or operator license required. My landie is ex Severn Trent water

I have pictures on my other computer if you want to see some

When I bought my 130 it had a hiab fitted. I have since removed it as it reduced the payload too much and was in the way of the tipper conversion. There was no tacho or operator license required. My landie is ex Severn Trent water

I have pictures on my other computer if you want to see some

I believe water companies etc are tacho exempt so thats why your landie didnt have one. I brought an ex electric company 10 ton iveco and that didnt have a tacho in it. You may need to tacho for what your doing now though, depends on what you are doing and how far you travel away from your home base.

VOSA don’t inspect lorry loaders nor do they have any remit to look at LOLER certs.

Moreover having a lorry loader fitted that is out of LOLER isn’t an offence but using it is.

If anyone from VOSA asked me for a LOLER cert I would tell then to go boil their heads, politely otherwise they will go over what is in their remit with a fine tooth comb.

You don’t need an “O” licence for any vehicle under 3500kg MAM. If you operate the vehicle commercially and your train weight exceeds 3500kg you should have a tachograph fitted but it’s largely unenforced so you will be unlucky to get a pull

You don’t need an “O” licence for any vehicle under 3500kg MAM. If you operate the vehicle commercially and your train weight exceeds 3500kg you should have a tachograph fitted but it’s largely unenforced so you will be unlucky to get a pull

I am afraid to say that is now a rapidly changing situation! I know an awful lot of people who have been pulled and told to geta tacho fitted. if you watch any of the tv shows on motorway police, read a commercial vehicle magazine they'll be someone being done for commercial towing without a tacho, A local firm round here was recently pulled and the VOSA guy made a point of telling the driver the vehicle is now flagged and next time they pull it towing it must have a tacho fitted. The legislation has now been around 14 years and times are chaanging.

Is it a legal requirement to have a crane tested by loler or do u need to just get it inspected by a competant trained person. Alot of this legislation is not law. You dont need to get your office equipment pat tested by law but its a good way to make sure its safe.