Pricing 30 laylandii

Mark James

in all fairness to the bloke he has asked a question on a forum that is supposed to be a place where you can do just that, ask a question (yes was lacking in some details), if you dont want to answer it then dont!! hes not forcing you into telling him hes just new to the game and looking for advice. didnt your parents say to you when you were younger "if you dont have anything nice to say........." :lol:

to wired4smoke it will be hard too say wot too put on the job as there are so many varriables (how quick you are, wood staying, chip staying ect)

i know its hard when your starting out im in the same boat luckily ive got some good mentors too ask if im not sure! next time try and get some pics/more details and you may get some better answers, good luck and i hope you get the job mate.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

in all fairness to the bloke he has asked a question on a forum that is supposed to be a place where you can do just that, ask a question (yes was lacking in some details), if you dont want to answer it then dont!! hes not forcing you into telling him hes just new to the game and looking for advice. didnt your parents say to you when you were younger "if you dont have anything nice to say........." :lol:

to wired4smoke it will be hard too say wot too put on the job as there are so many varriables (how quick you are, wood staying, chip staying ect)

i know its hard when your starting out im in the same boat luckily ive got some good mentors too ask if im not sure! next time try and get some pics/more details and you may get some better answers, good luck and i hope you get the job mate.

I TOTALLY disagree. Fair enough asking for general advice about how to work out pricing jobs...GENERAL advice, such as the factors that go into it etc etc, but to describe a job and ask for it to be priced is, IMO, bang out of order. Then to get the hump is even less acceptable.:thumbdown::thumbdown:

I TOTALLY disagree. Fair enough asking for general advice about how to work out pricing jobs...GENERAL advice, such as the factors that go into it etc etc, but to describe a job and ask for it to be priced is, IMO, bang out of order. Then to get the hump is even less acceptable.:thumbdown::thumbdown:

Relax mr excitable i never gave all the details as i was looking a rough idea, not asking anyone to price the job for me.

I had a fair idea and thought i would ask for some help. As said before you don't need to get involved if it makes you so upset.

fair enough if that is your view i must be lucky then that i can ask advice on pricing from a couple of people who both work in the same area and that i subbie for about pricing. i really cant see the problem with it the bloke starting out and wanting advice, as i said to him need more details of the job, but well done to the several posters that said that he will need to work out No of days x price per day + extras may seem simple to alot of us but it was advice/help all the same. there seem too many people on here that say stuff just for the sake of it offerin little or no help to the question that has been asked.

Ditto to all of that.

You come on here and ask for advice off seasoned pro's and then get nasty.

What's that all about?

Get nasty, everybody has gone all girly over a question. Relax yourselve's, never went out to upset anybody, doesn't seem you have to try to hard round here.

£1000 if Im quiet, £5000 if Im busy:thumbup:

Price wise? Same as 18 Stoner' date=' plus vat. :001_smile:[/quote']

:confused1: Really!!!!!!!!!!

£1000 for 30 50ft tall, 3ft bhd confers!!!!!!

At that diameter for their hight I would say they will have been topped in the past, making them much worse than maidens.

I'm very glad you lads ain't in my area!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bit of a problem here, i have to quote for the take down and removal of 30 laylandii.

Theres no problem in the job itself it's pricing it that am stuck at! I f am honest i havent got a clue where to start. I know people don't like to band figures about but even something close what would be excepted would help.

There will be myself and another person working and there is no time frame in which it has to be completed so no panic.

They are all in a row and no tight spaces with nothing to hit.:001_huh:

Relax mr excitable i never gave all the details as i was looking a rough idea, not asking anyone to price the job for me.

I had a fair idea and thought i would ask for some help. As said before you don't need to get involved if it makes you so upset.

Come again??????????

look at all your options, ow you normally work then hire din bigger plant and or chippers etc and figure out whats gonna do the job with the best balance on cost and profit...Thats your option and price. With no detial regarding disposal or not of chip and wood no ones going to give you a figure that means anything.

Whatever you you price it at if the customer wants it cheap they will look around and some @~#@ in a pickup will do it at half the price and dump the trees in the nearest gate way.

Give a price your happy with but at the same time not under cutting yourself, OR bang in a high price if your not that keen on doing it, you maybe surprised at the outcome