Pricing 30 laylandii

Mark James

There always has to be somebody!

40-50 FT high and 2.5 3.0 ft dia

there is no other problems i said straight fell on to waste ground.

it sounds about 3 days work for 2 men to me give or take ,£400 per day x3 equals £1200 plus 20 vat if your reg

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason the "bigger boys" are more expensive is that they know what they are doing!

Let that be a guide to you, no reason to learn the hard way, learn from them and price accordingly. Put some pics up if you want us bigger boys to help out. Lol

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Bigger boys meaning jcb's unimogs and massive chippers, just cause they have spent plenty of money doesn't make them any better, faster maybe more turnaround more money but there taken bigger risks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

last summer did 20 60 footers only 10-12 inch diameter and charged best part of 1k. The volume that came off created enough chip to fill a 10tonne grain trailer. For the job you have I would be putting somewhere 1.5k to 2k. Plan the job properly and efficiently and the job will be a doddle. Getting the trees over is easy getting rid of the things is after is another kettle of fish if you don't plan it right.

I'd say what I tell customers, when they phone me up and ask how much would I charge to taking a tree down over the phone.

And that's "with out looking at it, I would just be plucking figure's out the air, because there are too many variable to take into consideration."

just ask your self

How much you want for 1 tree and x it by 30

or how many trees you can do in a day x day rate x number of days

And that's your price!.....if you don't get it, you know you were too expensive and move on.

The reason the bigger boys are generally more expensive is that to get to be bigger one has to target bigger jobs. These generally come from councils, housing associations, construction companies, MOD, etc. All these clients demand significant levels of compliance documentation, certification, PPE, insurance levels, vehicle compliance with VOSA regs. The list goes on. All this has to be implemented, managed, audited and maintained and as a result has a cost associated with it.

As was rightly pointed out the bigger companies are not necessarily better than small operators, it does depend on how they manage and moniter themselves.

As far as pricing goes, I don't believe in charging what I can get away with. Charging for a job has to be profitable and if you want to build a long term business there has to be some consistency built into your pricing model using some form of system. This consistency should be learnt as someone said earlier, 'the hard way'. Getting a steer every now and then helps but much more detail would be required to enable most of the professionals on this site to give a valid answer.

last summer did 20 60 footers only 10-12 inch diameter and charged best part of 1k. The volume that came off created enough chip to fill a 10tonne grain trailer. For the job you have I would be putting somewhere 1.5k to 2k. Plan the job properly and efficiently and the job will be a doddle. Getting the trees over is easy getting rid of the things is after is another kettle of fish if you don't plan it right.

Sound advice here..Imo go day rate:001_cool:

Dont get peed off with people giving you sarcastic answers mate- in my opinion you have got some real cheek asking other people to price your work for you, especially when its a p1ss easy job like you have described, and described poorly at that! TBH it really pee's me off when this happens. Learn the hard way like the rest of us. You know what you need to survive on (rent, bills etc) how much your insurance, wages and kit are going to cost you, so work it out from there istead of asking (IMO) out of order questions on here and getting the hump when people are a bit sarcastic.:thumbdown:

Sorry if that offends, but there you are.

Ditto to all of that.

You come on here and ask for advice off seasoned pro's and then get nasty.

What's that all about?