post your motorbikes

WoodED

I used to do the same, but I have to say, get a 125 and do cbt, it's amazing how quickly it drops into place just being out on the road.

I'm going to run around on it this summer and I might well throw some cash at doing the tests to see how it goes before autumn.

If I fail then I'll just do a 3 day course next summer.

Tool mine to AMS today for a service and check over today, had a great ride there and back this morning but it was hosing it down this afternoon when I took their demo bike back to pick mine up. Less fun.

But still fun!!!

i did haha, went for cbt just over a year ago and ran a 30yr old suzuki gs125 all lastyear, then sold it to my mate to get to work on as his commute bike was stolen. the 400 is a big heavy lump compared with the toy 125, very capable off road, much better than my riding:lol:

The way I look at it is that we spend most of the week doing a job that could potentially cause a good amount of serious bodily harm or worse, how much more dangerous can riding a motorbike be, if any?

That's very true I guess I'm just being over cautious these days. A few years ago I broke an arm, a leg and both collar bones crashing a crosser,

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Heading off to do this in an hour or so on the little DR (the black one). It's about the most local event there is to us and the entries fill up in minutes so we were lucky to get in.

Should be a good couple of days - 140 miles today and 90 tomorrow. Not looking forward to being in amongst the proper rally bikes but they should be at the front with the rest f us n normal bikes setting off a bit behind.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEXcURCsdpI]The Ryedale Rally 2012 - day 1 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYQVWNN2D20]The Ryedale Rally 2012 - day 2 - YouTube[/ame]

That looks like it's a fine line between staying on and ending up in a big heap, Geoff :biggrin:

Weekend was good fun, not really sure Rallying's my cup of tea though. Those guys are just plain nuts - some of them were hitting 100mph down some of the fire roads, desite the thick dust and a surface that felt like marbles on glass!

Little DR managed quite well considering it was really not the right bike for it. Blew the seal in the rear shock and picked up a bad misfire after drowning it in the water on the last special test of the first day and spent the rest of saturday night and sunday before we started stripping the whole ignition, swapping bits of it and cleaning the carb several times to no avail.

Had the shame of being the last bike off the course saturday after limping the 30 miles back along the liasion section at about 30mph :blushing:

Figured may as well make the start on the second day but somehow managed to limp it round the full 4 hours and come in on time, despite not being able to use more than half throttle all day and never seeing any more than 40mph briefly on the fire roads :thumbup1:

Did quite enjoy sneaking past some of the proper bikes in the more technical going, even with it spluttering like a good un - seemed like a fair few of them just like the fast bits and fall to bits when they get into the woods and sit straight down and start paddling.

Good mix of bikes of all shapes/sizes/ages but mainly bigger 4 stroke enduro bikes and a few proper rally bikes.

Didn't get many pics but heres' a few.

103_0879.jpg.d5e276cea3071ea1ba6d44d6ae11dd53.jpg

103_0870.jpg.1d27f1720bb90dae5bbee760a80ab69a.jpg

103_0872.jpg.56778be400a59689574f4a72c3965d2c.jpg

103_0876.jpg.806024bce255d5e709790863e97b1603.jpg

103_0877.jpg.85eb2842d2dbabc67250c36d9c56583a.jpg