web site test

Johny Walker

I would list your email address under your address so it can be copied and pasted

I do not use default email nor do a lot of folk

would you like me to point any other issues I have with your wording such as full health and safety compliance:blushing:

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would list your email address under your address so it can be copied and pasted

I do not use default email nor do a lot of folk

would you like me to point any other issues I have with your wording such as full health and safety compliance:blushing:

feel free !!

no idea what that means steve, but i can't do it either, i'll kidnap a teenager one day and get them to sort it out.:thumbup:

I'll lend you my nephew who's doing an IT degree and has been working for the MOD. He can roll his eyes and sigh loudly at you, too :lol:

Nice website, well designed and to the point. My wife (I know nothing of these things!) says the email issue is because you've just got a link to your email address, and when someone clicks on it, it fires up outlook/outlook express etc (which ever email client is installed and in use). As Steve rightly says, if the person viewing the website doesn't an email program on their pc then it will not work. Two things to suggest - 1. display the email address rather than the word email (then people can write it down if they want to, or copy and paste it into their web-based email system to email you), or 2. put a contact/enquiry form on the page as well, so that people can send you their name, telephone, email, enquiry etc. I've got an enquiry form on mine and get enquiries every week through it (sometimes find people are happier to send me their details than to pick up the phone, particularly if they're browsing on evenings / weekends).

Don't forget to put your website address on everything - truck, business cards, letterhead, adverts etc - and also make sure that you are getting plenty of visits via the search engines as this is where a website will really help you. I've had a website for my business since 2001 and wouldn't be without one.

feel free !!

All right then. Please know that people who know me tend to refer to me as "that moody pedantic old git" so don't be offended.

On the bottom of each page, the "l" in "Guisely" and "tel" looks to be of a different font?

On the "Commercial" page :

...Site Clearances, Maintenance, Estate and Parks works using our fully Insured......

Roadside Works, Parks & Estates Maintenance , Site Clearances - all in a day’s work

On the "tree reports" page:

a tool for the management and maintenance of (an?) estates tree stock and larger gardens

"carried out" in "Tree hazard assessment" is partially blocked by the picture below it (that may be due to my computer's settings but I've no similar issues elsewhere)

On the "contact" page you list "reasonable cost" wich to me means "a considerable amount of money" ie not qauntifiable but quite expensive.

Really like the general look of the site, good colour scheme makes it easy to read and it's clear, concise and easy to navigate.

As I said to begin with, I'm a pedantic git......Daniel