B+E training

mark_goldfinch

Slight derail, but curious what the circumstances would be for me to need a tachograph for trailer towing? For instance, would towing 2.6 tonnes of trailer and timber with a total train weight of in excess of 5t require it?

Depends how far from base you would be to start with - sub 50km and I think you'd fall under an exemption.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Slight derail, but curious what the circumstances would be for me to need a tachograph for trailer towing? For instance, would towing 2.6 tonnes of trailer and timber with a total train weight of in excess of 5t require it?

hi mate, i have heard a few different things about this one being you dont need a tacho if you are within twelve miles of your yard, not sure how much truth there is in this. and the other is you do need a tacho for any gvw over 3.5 tons for commercial use. but saying that we dont have a tacho in our van and it is more often or not over 3.5ton with a trailer.

Whoops! I might have been a touch further than 12 miles/50km away!

If you do have a tacho, what are the implications of it? What needs to be submitted and what are the costs?

Apologies again for the derail, but I'm a bit concerned that should I be making longer timber deliveries that I'm not going to be legal.

It's a massive PITA really, as I've already had to put myself through the B+E test at a cost as well.

If you do have a tacho, what are the implications of it? What needs to be submitted and what are the costs?

Best off with an analogue one as otherwise you have to apply for a card, though newer vehicles are supposed to have digital

Once it's fitted the only costs on an analogue tacho is a calibration every 2 years (£30/£40), and a fiver for a pack of 100 discs