Best way of selling your made furniture

Rob D

Tried contacting these folk (notonthehighstreet) but had a standard e-mail back saying I was unsuccessful.....

... ho hum...!

did you get as far as finding out how much they charge in commission?

their site indicates they employ 50 people so you can bet their fees are hefty.

you should set up your own commission based marketing site for alaskan users

did you get as far as finding out how much they charge in commission?

their site indicates they employ 50 people so you can bet their fees are hefty.

you should set up your own commission based marketing site for alaskan users

Just got as standard letter from them....

I have already got a site for Alaskan users to sell their wood.... and it's free... and uptake on people uploading to it has been absolutely abysmal! :sneaky2:treet| Wood Forum

I did a thread for it a while ago here.

It's a very basic forum but my plan was to build up a load of small wood producers and then go to the woodworking forums and show the woodworkers where they can get their wood from.

But there's so little on there it's not worth it at the mo.....

Rob do you have any photos of anything that came out of that wellingtonia up at guildford way, would really like to see what came of that tree?

Alright Ben... yes I have a few pics and I'll put them up later.

Just got as standard letter from them....

I have already got a site for Alaskan users to sell their wood.... and it's free... and uptake on people uploading to it has been absolutely abysmal! :sneaky2:treet| Wood Forum

I did a thread for it a while ago here.

It's a very basic forum but my plan was to build up a load of small wood producers and then go to the woodworking forums and show the woodworkers where they can get their wood from.

But there's so little on there it's not worth it at the mo.....

Would you be happy to have timber from bandsaw fiddlers on Treet?

Have you got yourself on the wood producers map at UKWorkshop - The Site For Woodworkers ? They're quite a nice bunch...

The photos of your finished furniture are great- lovely lines and good scale without being too 'Stonehenge' :thumbup1: It's nice to see furniture well dressed in a nicely lit indoor setting, and you don't have the worries of lugging it around all the time and doing damage in the process.

We've always found that shows are harder work than you first think, and strangely have usually found that people will love a certain piece but would like one that's similar but actually a bit different, so usually more or less impossible with the remaining timber.... Perhaps it's easier not having the person who does the making on hand!

Ebay has been OK using the classified advert system so things stay on for 30 days at a fixed price. It worked well for a big sawn timber clear out a couple of years back as well- I showed pictures of the timber stacks and some samples of cleaned up and oiled timber alongside the description and ran the adverts with a cubic ft price at the heading. To help move things in bulk, I think I put that there'd be a 15% discount if buying over 15cu/ft...

As with most things on the internet, good description and photos are so important.

Thanks for the feedback.

Yes of course display on treet - any type of saw fiddlers are welcome!

I'll have a look at the UK workshop site. Really I wanted to build up more wood sellers with lots of pics on treet. Otherwise potential buyers will visit the site - see there's not much there and are unlikely to return.

So please get as many pictures up as you can find the time to post!!