Best way of selling your made furniture

Rob D

• 1 month later...

Rob, when you make the seats out of the solid woods how do you cut out the rebate where you sit using the Alaskan? I think you can cut the arms with the mini mill and a vertical cut but I don't think or should I say understand how you cut the back rest as I don't know if you can plunge the saw in the mill?

They look very square! Very impressive!

You have to do 2 cuts using a boring method with the mini mill...

.... not for the faint hearted!!

:biggrin:

Rob, I have not seen let alone used the mini mill but am I right in thinking the saw will not pivot in the jig?

Do you do the plunge cut with the saw in the jig or free hand and then fit the jig?

Your cuts look very square and plumb!

I have it in the jig and then pivot the tip down and into the wood next to the rails.

The tricky bit is coming down within 3mm of the rails without hitting them.

I pivot the saw all the way down until it's vertical. You have to do in one hit i.e. no removing the saw mid way or running out of fuel as when you go back in much more chance of kickback.

Push the saw down the rail as usual. Now back up to starting point. You now pull the saw to finish the cut. Again you have to be careful on the pulling as it is using the top or pushing part of the bar/chain which was never how the mini mill was designed to be used.