What do YOU, anchor into? ;)

Harrison2604

In my opinion, the wrist thing is more to do with the minimum radius that the rope should pass through rather than the strength of wood.

I don't think this can be true, as the alloy rings on cambium savers are much smaller.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if its a bigish tree to dismantle i like to anchor in with a pulley at the top then its less effort pulling yourself back up, lots less friction, and when the tea and biccies arrive you can bomb out of the canopy looking supercool to get the best biccies before the groundies have got back from the other end of the garden..!:thumbup:

if its a bigish tree to dismantle i like to anchor in with a pulley at the top then its less effort pulling yourself back up, lots less friction, and when the tea and biccies arrive you can bomb out of the canopy looking supercool to get the best biccies before the groundies have got back from the other end of the garden..!:thumbup:

Haha brilliant :thumbup:

Good reply :thumbup1:

Well, its a reply, and its a good point.

As anyone who has done CS41 knows, you should follow the 4:1 ratio of pulley diameter to rope diameter if you wish to maintain rope strength.

For a 13mm rope, you need 52mm diameter pulley (which is a cracking size for a cambium saver).

Anyway - its only an point of interest I thought I would raise for you to bring up at posh dinner parties when you run out of small talk.

Hmmmmmm - arbmyths, now there is a thread idea.

Yes wrist size for me. And once, My TIP in a conifer tore out, and i landed 15 feet down on my feet (just like a cat) just missing a fence.

I did that but landed on my back(just like a dog!)

Thankfully was only about 6-8 feet off the floor, plus the 020 broke my fall, oh hang on no it didnt, it nearly broke my back.:crying:

Although it was nothing like yours it was a conifer that ripped out(old topping wound):laugh1:

Probably the size of my wrist, but depends on quite a few different things at the time etc.

Well, its a reply, and its a good point.

As anyone who has done CS41 knows, you should follow the 4:1 ratio of pulley diameter to rope diameter if you wish to maintain rope strength.

For a 13mm rope, you need 52mm diameter pulley (which is a cracking size for a cambium saver).

Anyway - its only an point of interest I thought I would raise for you to bring up at posh dinner parties when you run out of small talk.

Hmmmmmm - arbmyths, now there is a thread idea.

Climbing ropes have a breaking strain of over 3 tonnes, (I've used old ones to pull trucks out of fields) so I don't strength is much of am issue. Other wise rope guides would be no good.

What you are saying is important for rigging.