Mugged.... really!!!

Dean Lofthouse

Id parade has been postponed.

One of the lads arrested has actually admitted being at the scene at the time.

The police are now consulting with the CPS

Old boy is still in hospital, no serious injuries just bumps and bruises, they are keeping him in more for observation of his state of mind.

Here's hoping for a result.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice one Dean, the fact that you were prepared to try and ID them has made one of them admit he was there. His solicitor will have told him he will get less if he admits before the parade.

You could have said "oh theres no way I'll pick them out so I'll leave it"

Just goes to show if people will do the right thing instead of taking the easy option it can lead to a result.

I am one of those people that acts then thinks, it has got me into trouble sometimes. But IMO for the right reasons, I think of the dangers after and will put myself in danger to help others, I personally would have tackled these two with whatever force neccessary to take them down. But others only had to stop to give witness statements and no-one did. :confused1:

Are there that few of us about ??

Is todays society so selfish ??

It really does make me feel so sad I could cry that no-one was willing to stop

Better to risk dying a hero than to be certain of living as a coward IMO

Well done Dean - wish there were more people around like you.

I was sad to hear the report recently about the lady who confronted some people about smoking in a train station and was pushed on to the tracks as a result. Some would say it wasn't her place to enforce the rules but I am sure we all agree that the appropriate response wasn't to cause her any harm.

I have only ever had grief for confronting people about what I consider unacceptable behaviour - not been stabbed yet though....

mind you, I am a bit of a pernickety git - I have stopped quite a few people in the street for dropping litter which may be a bit over the top.

mind you, I am a bit of a pernickety git - I have stopped quite a few people in the street for dropping litter which may be a bit over the top.

why is that over the top?????

i've phoned the headquarters of several haulage and supermarkets firms when i've seen the delivery drivers throwing their rubbish out of the window.

i've even thrown can back into a car through the same window it came out of. (i was in a bad mood that day)

Dean, regarding the ID parade if you have to do one. Don't discount the worth of it because you think you can't id them. Years ago i was in a pub when my mate got glassed in the face in the toilets. Only saw the lad who had done it briefly as he walked out of the pub, and that was before i knew what had happened. When i was asked by police to descibe him I couldn't. The next day i was asked to do an ID parade for a possible suspect. I almost didn't go as i was sure i wouldn't be able to pick him out.

As soon as i walked into the ID room i spotted him. 3 witnesses all picked him out among 14 others.

YOU HAVE TO TRUST YOUR INSTINCTS.