The death of distance learning?

Amelanchier

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I meant with regards to that-

I dont understand academia, im a fish out of water, unschooled uncooth and ferel, and happy as a pig in sh......

ha:laugh1: thought you meant asking difficult questions here..:001_rolleyes:

yeh i have asked them difficult questions, at least i thought they were difficult but have had answers off them that point me in the right direction rather than just outright giving me the answer, think this is a good way of learning

if you get continually stuck they do eventually help out:blushing:

and as for being as happy as a pig in sh... you wouldn't want it any other way!!!:thumbup1:

I am on my fdsc second year now. I am planning to do my top up for a year onto a bsc. I have found the course to be enjoyable so far. However I think my 3 days worth of teaching could easily be fit into a day and a half. I have a 3.5 hour break on Tuesday's. It's frustrating. Makes it feel like your sat there wasting your money!

I've worked it out with fellow classmates. It's working out at £30 per hour for me in college.

Thankfully the fees just miss me me. But as I am already enrolled it wouldn't affect me anyway.

I think unis and the student life will start to get a lot quieter over the next couple of years. Prices like that will make people consider if they realliy want to do a degree in an obscure subject!

ha thought you meant asking difficult questions here..:001_rolleyes:

yeh i have asked them difficult questions, at least i thought they were difficult but have had answers off them that point me in the right direction rather than just outright giving me the answer, think this is a good way of learning

if you get continually stuck they do eventually help out:blushing:

and as for being as happy as a pig in sh... you wouldn't want it any other way!!!:thumbup1:

its true, my learning is my business, and the institutions have lost what learning is supposed to be.... FUN!:thumbup1:

As rob rainford has said if you're already enrolled on a course you're not affected. I've just finished my 1st year of a foundation degree at askham bryan and we have been told that our fees won't go up even if we do a top-up year.

so if i am just about to finish my first year of a 3 year FdSc at myerscough albeit online, how does that affect me?

i paid 1400 last year and presumably still owe another 1400 for both years left

but what if i want to do the 2 year add on to get my BSc, do the new fees apply even though its classed as part time?

I'd phone them and ask. Even at half fees, you could face an increase of over 30%.

Nothing is free, someone has to pay for it. Might aswell be the person who benefits:001_cool:

agreed :thumbup1:

So did you guys pay to go to school? Out of your own pockets? Or did you go to state funded schools? PAid for by the taxpayer. The same taxpayer who susidised the now horrifically expensive courses of higher education? Or who are paying for your children to be educated?:001_smile: