£50k to spend.. wish list wanted

Dalynn

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when purchasing equipement then you really need to think of storing it, maintaining it, fueling it, insuring it etc. You will need to have your own fuel storage which comes under rules and regulations. Also downtime with breakdowns and then making sure you have someone local to you to help you out in tricky situations with it.:001_rolleyes:

You think your question is simple, but for guys that have been doing this job for years you have to understand there is so much more to it.

A lot of us have been involved with stuff like this before so what you may find negative is actually good advice.:001_smile:

With out walking the site i couldnt help you, and also i know some amazing woodcutters and foreman that cant reverse a trailer and have never sat in a tractor.

Maybe there is a struggling contractor in your area that could benefit from your charities members experiences in running a business:thumbup1: and some financial help, the last few years has been dificult for small businesses.:thumbdown:

Stephen

Thanks for your well thought out response

I run my own small fabrication and Engineering business so fully agree with how difficult todays climate is.

We have already had talks with two local contractors who are keen to give up their own business and take the Managers role that we are hoping to create.

Having 200 acres of woodland spending up to 80 K on wages and looking to invest 50 K in machinery I'm afraid the line on volunteer staff and some full-time I can't see how will never be reliant on grants. But if you want machinery and processors speak to Wilson's

We have already had talks with two local contractors who are keen to give up their own business and take the Managers role that we are hoping to create.

you really need to give more information at the start mate:001_rolleyes:you should of said this at the start:laugh1:

Things i would want to know about the gaffers.

1 i would be wanting to see their books for the last 4 years.

2 I would want to see them at work.

3 I would want to know their people skills.

4 I would give them full reign of the of the place and not have then answer to a committee made up of golfers and architects wifes:laugh1:

ALSO

5 Bring in a consultant that can sweet talk the above golfers and wifes who will oooh and ahh at his many many letters after his name and like the smell of his aftershave.

6 The downfall of comunitty woodlands are the half a dozen voices of the retired professionalls that argue over last months minutes every meeting.

REMEMBER this is for the comunitty, this includes the lads with motorbikes and the bored teenagers. Get them involved, do not fence the area off so the people with the nice postcodes can walk their Vimerannas.

KEEP HORSES OUT they are a pest and will wreck your paths.

Get the schools involved, get all the primary 7's to right their names in snowdrop bulbs, these are the kids that will be bored in 4 years time, so if they have some pride in the place they will police it. :001_cool:

you really need to give more information at the start mate:001_rolleyes:you should of said this at the start:laugh1:

Things i would want to know about the gaffers.

1 i would be wanting to see their books for the last 4 years.

2 I would want to see them at work.

3 I would want to know their people skills.

4 I would give them full reign of the of the place and not have then answer to a committee made up of golfers and architects wifes:laugh1:

ALSO

5 Bring in a consultant that can sweet talk the above golfers and wifes who will oooh and ahh at his many many letters after his name and like the smell of his aftershave.

6 The downfall of comunitty woodlands are the half a dozen voices of the retired professionalls that argue over last months minutes every meeting.

REMEMBER this is for the comunitty, this includes the lads with motorbikes and the bored teenagers. Get them involved, do not fence the area off so the people with the nice postcodes can walk their Vimerannas.

KEEP HORSES OUT they are a pest and will wreck your paths.

Get the schools involved, get all the primary 7's to right their names in snowdrop bulbs, these are the kids that will be bored in 4 years time, so if they have some pride in the place they will police it. :001_cool:

spot on mate

You've got 200 acres of woodland. Make 30 of it a free roaming motorbike area, and charge a little for it. You should get many turn up. The reason people like to ride motorbikes in woods and the like ( some abuse it, its true :[ ) is because they enjoy being there doing it and people have been doing it since engines turned over. I have met many doing it who don't abuse it as you'd notice whilst riding in them myself. Maybe buy a few gentle ish trail bikes from classic bike or ebay and hire them out.

You've got 200 acres of woodland. Make 30 of it a free roaming motorbike area, and charge a little for it. You should get many turn up. The reason people like to ride motorbikes in woods and the like ( some abuse it, its true :[ ) is because they enjoy being there doing it and people have been doing it since engines turned over. I have met many doing it who don't abuse it as you'd notice whilst riding in them myself. Maybe buy a few gentle ish trail bikes from classic bike or ebay and hire them out.

:thumbdown: insurance

Biodiversity:thumbdown: