Brambles

windfall

Hi All,

I have an encroaching bramble problem round the side of one of my fields, which is where i want to put pallets down and stack vented log bags.

Does anyone know of a product that i can spray on the buggers to kill them.. or any other suggestions to banish them.

Ideally i do not want to kill the grass.

Ideas welcome.

This may sound daft but close examination may reveal a small number of large plants that can be pulled/dug out manually. I cleared a patch last year about a quarter the size of a tennis court and it took me a couple of hours.

They are about 4 foot high, some as thick as my thumb.

The grass is low at the moment so my solution was to cut them back with my hedge trimmer, pull the cut stems out, then spray the root systems with something. Digging them out is more effort than i am prepared to spend.

They are about 4 foot high, some as thick as my thumb.

The grass is low at the moment so my solution was to cut them back with my hedge trimmer, pull the cut stems out, then spray the root systems with something. Digging them out is more effort than i am prepared to spend.

As Rangermatt said.

I'd just spray them with grazon 90... theres no need to cut them first and you'll get prickled less:thumbup:

As Rangermatt said.

I'd just spray them with grazon 90... theres no need to cut them first and you'll get prickled less:thumbup:

And there might be nesting birds in 4 ft high brambles. If they are open (i.e. no leaves) then bash em out. If they are in full leaf then i would wait till late sept then knock em out.