World gone mad (HSE)

PeteB

what would I do?

Probably not blame the Health and Safety Executive for a start. :sneaky2:

There is some sense in your comment, blame the litigious society and the ambulance chasing lawyers out for an easier buck!

As my Mum used to say, "If you put your hand in the fire because your brother told you too, I'd slap you legs for being so stupid too!"

So when we get pulled by the police and are politely invited to sit in their car while our details are taken is not against H&S regs but this scenario is? Right, I'm confused :confused1:. A bit like that poor couple, I should think.

There is some sense in your comment, blame the litigious society and the ambulance chasing lawyers out for an easier buck!

Therein lies the BIG problem today.

If something had gone wrong, someone would be to blame, and where there's blame, theres a greedy little solicitor whispering money bags into someones ear.:thumbdown:

Good on you for helping them out.:thumbup1:

Once upon a time the traffic highways people would let you sit in the vehicle should you of broken down or even crashed etc. But due to a few incidences where the unfortunates who once in the vehicles develop neck ache and then serious pain results in a worst case scenario of a potential spinal injury the roof of a few of these vehicles have had to be cut off! I only know this through my wife being a paramedic and one incident like this happened nearby. I guess protocol takes over but of course real world sense... Its madness!

Here in the states we have volenteer services available for mortorist that are broken down or have run out of gas. In Florida they are called Road rangers and they work the interstate system. They are good people helping other people in need. Some have even died while trying to help others in need. People need to be more considerate of fellow motorist. I have made many stops in my day to help people in need and in the process done my part to help humanity thru another day.