a journey into Arb

David Humphries

Not at all, feel free.

Mark (the assessor) & I were talking during the assessments that it may be a better way to imply compitence, by being signed off by a mentor after maybe a minimum of 500 hours or so after gaining the Cs tickets.

Using shots as evidence etc......

yes i think the apprenticeship is a way forward.

i will start a separate thread so we don't digress from this one

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You do realise that you've spoilt the lad for ever, don't you? After his time with you, working for any 'normal' contractor is going to be such a comedown :biggrin:

(Nice Verbena bonariensis, btw)

What an excellent thread. Rarely does one get to see the progression of a trainee/ apprentice etc etc, and pics up to the usual high standard too. Nice one David. After a stressful day moving house, a fine way to take my mind off things. Thanks, and best of luck to young Tom.

Great photo set David! :thumbup1:

Frank, I agree that apprenticeships are the way forward for a hands-on job like ours.

Does your apprentice not need to collect pictures of him doing the various tasks for evidence for his course?

I have loads of pictures of Dave from his college time, this thread prompted me to look back over them and see his progression. :thumbup:

I have loads of pictures of Dave from his college time' date=' this thread prompted me to look back over them and see his progression. :thumbup:[/quote']

Feel free to post them up if you get the opportunity, be great to see other apprentices & will make a good eye opener for youngsters checking in to see what it's about :thumbup1:

Wish I got more Im awful with my cammera doesnt really show a progression just a load of random photos pre top saw times for me, a picture of 'what happens when the lad has a go part 3' and a 'proper' stump grinder:biggrin:

Good set of shots.

How long have you been in the game Frankie ?

Good set of shots.

How long have you been in the game Frankie ?

Sorry for late replies.

I started doing work experience while I was 15 and still at school. Did one day a week and weekend/holiday work then I looked into the apprentership scheme and my boss was interested. So joined as a full time apprentice with him when I (just) made it through school:sneaky2:

Then finished apprentership few weeks back and now full time with same boss.

So 3ish years, full time 2years.

:001_smile:

Sorry for late replies.

I started doing work experience while I was 15 and still at school. Did one day a week and weekend/holiday work then I looked into the apprentership scheme and my boss was interested. So joined as a full time apprentice with him when I (just) made it through school:sneaky2:

Then finished apprentership few weeks back and now full time with same boss.

So 3ish years, full time 2years.

:001_smile:

So pretty hooked then :001_smile:

Sounds like you're in with a good boss man :thumbup1:

What's next on the agenda then ?