how was your week?

Martyn Amos

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

???? Sorry to derail i wanner know how that happend

I hope next week is looking better for you pal..

Im moving in to a new job and flat starting end of next week hope it al lgoes to plan :thumbup1:

Good luck with new flat and job.....choke wire was rubbing on fuel pipe....made a hole petrol leaked on to exhaust...machine burst in to flames.....i cryed...i rung up said supplier...he basickly told me he didnt care...polish boys have started to rebuild....

evenangelseatbeans: loving your avatar! gonna put it on and watch it now. That scene in the bar gives me goosebumps when he's staring at herbie and then comes out with that classic line i wouldn't be allowed to write on here!

if no-ones watched "dead mans shoes"... go and buy it!

Monday - truck off the road after a solenoid shorted and set fire to the wiring, pump, battery, hoses and hydraulic oil tank.

Tuesday - Truck still off the road and now I find I've bashed the sump on something so I need that smacked back in to shape.

Wednesday - truck back on the road and can finally do some work. Insurance covers the truck fire so even better. Couple of easy jobs to get back in to it after a week and half off.

Thursday - Smash out two jobs in extra quick time plus get handed a job by the council three times the original size. Hooray, extra money for once. Early day to boot.

Friday - Chipper now throws a tanty so spend most of the day in the workshop pulling the carb to bits only to find a PCV valve had been left out during a head gasket change.

Bonus for the weekend; after 13 years I finally find a butcher that can make faggots and all to be washed down with some proper english scrumpy. New camera time tomorrow so all in all a good end to a disastrous start to the week.

I managed to wake up every morning so life can't be all bad eh? There's always someone worse off.

Good luck with new flat and job.....choke wire was rubbing on fuel pipe....made a hole petrol leaked on to exhaust...machine burst in to flames.....i cryed...i rung up said supplier...he basickly told me he didnt care...polish boys have started to rebuild....

that sounds like a nightmare.

monday ; two decent size lombardy pops in the next county, one with bt lines, the other with a lamppost under it (full of nails) early finish and all logs/chip left on site, found a mangled saw chain in the chip pile..ooops

tuesday ; awkward dismantle over a crispy asbestos barn roof with early finish including a play with my new chainsaw:biggrin:

wednesday; late start, hedgetrimming a neat high leylandii hedge and two birch and rowan fells, early finish

thursday ; job cancelled till next week so late start, strip ivy from house wall, sit on ridge tiles and drink tea, go home early, change chipper blades and grease.

friday ; lay-in, rewire fuel gauge on landy at last, it now reads over half-full when i thought it was nearly empty:thumbup:, dropped the missus off at her mothers to have a wknd away, been to the pub and had a chinese and the weekend is mine to prep the landies for next weeks mot:thumbup1:

Edited by armchairarborist

evenangelseatbeans: loving your avatar! gonna put it on and watch it now. That scene in the bar gives me goosebumps when he's staring at herbie and then comes out with that classic line i wouldn't be allowed to write on here!

if no-ones watched "dead mans shoes"... go and buy it!

yes mate great british film

i know the bar scence,wot you looking at :001_rolleyes:

love shane meadows,all the films he makes are quality and aslo think paddy considine is a awesome actor

he even plays a good comedy part in HOT FUZZ as one of the detectives:thumbup:

Monday - truck off the road after a solenoid shorted and set fire to the wiring, pump, battery, hoses and hydraulic oil tank.

Tuesday - Truck still off the road and now I find I've bashed the sump on something so I need that smacked back in to shape.

Wednesday - truck back on the road and can finally do some work. Insurance covers the truck fire so even better. Couple of easy jobs to get back in to it after a week and half off.

Thursday - Smash out two jobs in extra quick time plus get handed a job by the council three times the original size. Hooray, extra money for once. Early day to boot.

Friday - Chipper now throws a tanty so spend most of the day in the workshop pulling the carb to bits only to find a PCV valve had been left out during a head gasket change.

Bonus for the weekend; after 13 years I finally find a butcher that can make faggots and all to be washed down with some proper english scrumpy. New camera time tomorrow so all in all a good end to a disastrous start to the week.

I managed to wake up every morning so life can't be all bad eh? There's always someone worse off.

dont sound too bad mate

gotta take the rough with the smooth

agree with what you say,there always someone worse off,:lol:

but if you found quality faggots and cider NO COMPLAINTS:thumbup:

This week was unusual if nothing else - Wednesday saw us craning out most of a big old turkey oak as one big lump, lifting it onto a lorry, driving it across a park, dropping it into a big hole.

There'll be pics in a couple of weeks I'm sure and it'll all make sense :biggrin:

Oh, and I got a black eye off the cab of the mog when we were winching out the crane lorry when it sank :blushing: