Hedge work Prices

White Noise

£ 400 for 2 full days trimming leylandii and all removal costs .

Me trimming for 2 days . Second day a labourer to tidy up the first days mess and the rest .

Commercial job the price above is the cheapest quote so far . If I can match it I get it .

Although they want a top finish .

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me trimming for 2 days . Second day a labourer to tidy up the first days mess and the rest .

Commercial job the price above is the cheapest quote so far . If I can match it I get it .

I'd sooner stay at home.

Walk away, don't let them dictate a price to you.

When i price a hedge i look at it and give a cost for doing the job. If its a morning then its half a day cost if its a 2pm finnish then i put a day on it. If its a big conny hedge to reduce then price accordingly. if you know your trade you should be able to price jobs correctly. dont under price yourself just to get a job.

Well if you don't understand then you really need to speak to an accountant on how to calculate your cost of doing business

That's out of order, Mick not understanding your post has no link to how he runs his business.

I am the same as Mick, I do dozens of hedges, I do them cheaper than most gardeners that are local. That's because I can do them quicker and better than them . I also like to do them for my tree customers.

I have seen Micks work , I know a bit about how he runs his business and I know if he wrote a book on it I would buy it. :)

I use each job as part of my yearly income, not daily, some days I will do a grand, other days I will do £60. As long as the wheels are turning I am happy :)

We all run our business different Stevie, i have a daily cost that i need to make, i would not work for £200 per day cutting a hedge as my business would not allow that, i would not work at a loss. i can see your point but would you really do a days work for £60:lol: