Sequoia vs treemotion

RobRainford

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm used to getting a twang off the sequoia. The straps are wider and longer. So have a good stretch in them. Make for some moments of very bad language!

I'll hopefully get to have a hang in a treemotion in the next couple of weeks which will help my decision. I can get it for £299 Inc vat at my local place. Which is equal to treeworker.

My sequoia hasn't had loads of use. Been on and off for two years with college and starting out so it's probably rarely used more than a couple of times a week or even a month. Still nearly as new. Would consider selling it if I get on with the treemotion.

I don't know why I'm drawn to it so much. I tried it on and it just felt right. Felt a lot more secure with the large back pad.

100% trying a TreeMotion for my next harness! Shame it will be a while.. My TreeMagic has years left in it at the moment.

If TreeMotions were no good why would so many people be using them and loving them!? Interested in peoples opinions of how the TMotion compares to the TMagic?

Rob, you know you can strop directly onto the gold rings on the Sequoia? Much more comfy if you have to hang your weight off your strop during an ascent without limbs to stand on etc.

Both great harnesses IMO.

I did not think this was officially allowed and there were issues doing this.

I may be wrong but are they tested to be used in the way you mention?

P.s I like the Sequoia value for money it rocks

but would always pick the motion out of the bag:thumbup:

I did not think this was officially allowed and there were issues doing this.

I may be wrong but are they tested to be used in the way you mention?

P.s I like the Sequoia value for money it rocks

but would always pick the motion out of the bag:thumbup:

You can lanyard into them but not hang i believe. Dont get why though as the bridge is on them?:001_huh:

You can lanyard into them but not hang i believe. Dont get why though as the bridge is on them?:001_huh:

You can hang by these points (Petzl call them 'remote attachment points') but they are not fall arrest points.

ie. EN358 and not EN363.

Your point that the bridge attaches to them is a good one.

You can hang by these points (Petzl call them 'remote attachment points') but they are not fall arrest points.

ie. EN358 and not EN363.

Your point that the bridge attaches to them is a good one.

Answered for me mate.

We shouldn't be in a fall arrest situation, should we?

The side d's and gold rings are EN358 for restraint i.e attaching to a pole or to prevent a swing.

The bridge and central attachment points are EN813. Attachment points for work positioning or 'sit' harnesses.

The attachment point on the chest harness is EN363 and the only one suitable for fall arrest.

I think Petzl just missed a trick by not getting the gold rings rated to EN813.

C69AF0_SEQUOIASRT_C695010C_web.pdf

The side d's and gold rings are EN358 for restraint i.e attaching to a pole or to prevent a swing.

The bridge and central attachment points are EN813. Attachment points for work positioning or 'sit' harnesses.

The attachment point on the chest harness is EN363 and the only one suitable for fall arrest.

I think Petzl just missed a trick by not getting the gold rings rated to EN813.

but no where on their spec does it ever show clipping into the gold ones

There are issues doing this

please beware and be safe:thumbup: