Move My Unimog

eddiegts

Thanks guys,

why not Park Agri? I have used them before and never had a problem.

yer I have spoken to Atkinson vos and I could take it to them but it would cost a fair bit to get it there as for mobile guy it would need to be indoors with a crane etc... and I dont have this. and tbh I have spoken to a few guys who have used them and were not to happy with them.

will give newmarket hire a call monday I had thought about that but never gave them a call nice 1.

were is Ken based? could you pm his number please.

also I think the piston rings may have gone due to the lack of oil in it (no leaks) and I think it was burning the oil off. If that is the case I will prob just get a new engine apart from the above people mentioned do you know were I could get one from?

heres the numbers i have for ken day

when you call newmarket plant call the cambridge depot and speak to marlyn

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys,

why not Park Agri? I have used them before and never had a problem.

yer I have spoken to Atkinson vos and I could take it to them but it would cost a fair bit to get it there as for mobile guy it would need to be indoors with a crane etc... and I dont have this. and tbh I have spoken to a few guys who have used them and were not to happy with them.

will give newmarket hire a call monday I had thought about that but never gave them a call nice 1.

were is Ken based? could you pm his number please.

also I think the piston rings may have gone due to the lack of oil in it (no leaks) and I think it was burning the oil off. If that is the case I will prob just get a new engine apart from the above people mentioned do you know were I could get one from?

Tim ibbet has second hand engines ARTHUR IBBET based at great paxton near st neots they would carry our repairs too bit nearer than essex

Ibbets its just down the road from Downham Market!

As for getting the engine out its not a very long job provided you have the right tools which some of us have.

I dont have the tools/skill to take it on myself :thumbdown: otherwise I would give it a go. Anyone fancy doing it?

going to give ibbets a call this morning

Ibbetts should be a good bet.

I bought my Mog from Park Agri and I was the first to admit I'm not a mechanical expert. I paid 18k and repair bills in the first 18months reached 22K! When I mentioned legal action, Park told me how he would deal with it leaving me in a loose loose situation.

I've since come across quite a few other Mog owners with similar stories and I've never heard a good one.

I gave Ibbetts a call but they dont have an engine and a rebuild on mine could take up to 3 weeks and I dont have that sort of time.

still not sure what to do will have a ring round on monday and decide 1 who is going to do it 2 who to get the engine from 3 what engine to buy A new one a recon one or a 2nd hand one plus should I get it made up so its got more power??

I gave Ibbetts a call but they dont have an engine and a rebuild on mine could take up to 3 weeks and I dont have that sort of time.

still not sure what to do will have a ring round on monday and decide 1 who is going to do it 2 who to get the engine from 3 what engine to buy A new one a recon one or a 2nd hand one plus should I get it made up so its got more power??

Buy this one

Motor OM 352, 95 PS, von Unimog 1000 Bm 424 bei eBay.de: Nutzfahrzeugteile (endet 24.03.11 12:32:34 MEZ)

Drop it straight in and sell your old PTO Box to subsidise the Freight.

This Engine is out of a U1000 and its complete with PTO Box,Diesel Pump,Alternator etc.

I bought my Mog from these people,reputable Company and accustomed to exporting Mogs and Parts.