am i being pessimistic?

john p

Dear John: All industries reach a saturation point. Moving to other areas may help with more work but not higher pay. I believe you should continue to keep up with your schooling and focus on the things you are really good at and really work hard on improving those skills.

Remember no one can pimp yourself or your service better than you. At least that is what I have done.

im not saying theres a personal lack of work,just concerned soon all our big trees will be gone!and that i wouldnt like to be coming out of college into such a saturated market.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from my experience, i come across alot of people who have fallen into this profession as its an easy option or only option. do a weeks course and your a tree surgeon, they then want top money for all these tickets they have. some turn out ok and earn their money, others dont but carry on cause they have no other option. i know guys who love trees and climbing and hard work, and guys who dont care about nothing but money, they should not be in this profession imo.

As for people who do work for cash its the only way to survive?? right!

Tree work is a very very easy profession to get into.

Therefore there are loads of 'tree surgeons' looking for work.

As for running out of trees, I dont think so.

There are plenty of big trees Ive quoted works on that never get done, there will be plenty left for the future so not to worry.:thumbup:

• 1 month later...

Its the same in most trades at the minute, people who get made redundant/out of work see it as an easy option to get a van & start doing peoples trees & gardens under cutting those of us that are qualified & insured etc. Wheres it all going to end???

rope access workers get loads of dosh with none of the overheads and much less risk,seems less physically demanding(i will now be attacked by rope access types!).might explore it.

rope access is not easy bro