T.P.O. Forms... for free or how much do you charge?

button1803

The area i live in is 99.9% conservation area.

I have no problem filling in these forms and submitting them but im getting to the stage now where its annoying me that you do all that work then the customer turns round and says il be in touch very soon, luckily no work lost as of yet but does anyone charge for filling these forms in?

if so how much is a good indicator or just add it into the quote?

Thanks guys. :thumbup1:

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

started charging £35 for application..... but, refundable on payment of completed work, got far too annoyed of putting application in, then it being displayed with the address on the councils web site and someone going round knocking on the door and undercutting me.

First of all you do NOT need to fill in forms for CA's, check out the blue book, I think it's para 9. LA can ask, but they cannot make you use the form. You do have to use them for TPO's.

Depending on who the client is, if it's a regular then no charge, if it's a one off then I make a charge and refund it off the price of the job.

They do not accept thankyou's down the pub.

Edited by treebloke

I also live and carry out works in a area where most surrounding villages are conservation areas and work on a lot of trees carrying TPO's.

I understand that in some cases it can be a pain in the a** as basic garden maintenance can be classed as tree works.

A work in conservation areas quiet a lot and we must all go through the process properly. Its better for all and stops neighbours falling out and at the planning meetings everyone including the local authority have control over the changing landscape. Obviously we as professionals need to go through the correct procedures.

We all write the report or plans of proposed works on the condition we carry out the works.

When we submit our applications we should make the customer clear that we put a lot of time and effort into inspecting trees and carrying out the paperwork and in submitting these forms there should a charge.

If the client only want the inspection, advice and submitting the application there should be a charge. If your carrying out the works you can forget the charge!

I know it sounds really sad but if your getting the work there is no charge, its unfair and wrong but that's the way I presume most of us work?