Liberalism gone mad!

Lee Winger

Man made god.

Man did it to be able to control society in the beginning.

I'm still struggling to see how this 100% disproves God, because what you have said (man made God) is not fact, it is opinion,

How can i say it is opinion? Because it cannot be 100% proved. Just as you cannot 100% dissprove that "God made man"

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry you feel that way, but i have enjoyed tonights discussion and hope that i haven't offended anyone, i've only sought to put my viewpoint across as honestly and besy i can:001_smile:

I'm signing off aswell, and I echo Matt's wishes - although I believe offense can only be taken, not given.

And if we are allowed to quote from great minds (as others have done tonight) may I leave you with one.

"When you have studied and understood why you are able to dispell all the false gods, and believe only in the one true God - then you will understand how I can dispell your one true God."

i'm really struggling to see how you can ever prove that God dosent exist, yes you can offer me "evidence" that would point to him not existing, but to 100% prove that he dosent exist, How is this possible?

Because it is BELIEF. Lets say that someone actually 'found' heaven.(this is a fairly simplified internet forum versin of things- I would talk about this for days on end in a pub or what have you:001_rolleyes:) then it would be quantifiable, it would have limitations- human influence would find fault- everyone's version in their minds eye of whta god or heaven or jesus is like is different. It is a belief in the unproven that keeps religion alive, along with fear and false promises. This is why it disproves the existence of god. Proof of god will itself destroy religious belief, as faith RELIES on a boundless love and universal existence, both themes which rely on a lack of proof. The manifest and contradictory versions of religion prove my point here.

On an even baser level, if we go back only thousands of years, before christianity was prevelant, and examine the origins of this particular faith, and look at what was in place before, we see that people believed in tangible things- life, death, the seasons etc etc, and had a full and true understanding of our place in the world around us. Then the politically powerful needed to replace what was celebrated with another system in order to run the country (cardinal wolsley was ultimately a nasty politician using the auspices of God as a lter example) and start to control the financial and social aspects of populae. So beltane became eater- spring, the rebirth after winter, was translated into the rebirth of Christ......the winter equinox of the 21st december, the TRUE new year, was translated into the birth of christ etc etc....

My point, before i write a thesis and bore you all to tears with my ramblings (my recently leg-amputated dog has just disappeared, i have to go) is that religion is not a truth at all, but little more than a form af attempting to explain what has no explanation, and to try to justify an existence which is just a survival trip amongst a load of chemocal ractions.

Afterlife- yes it exists...I will die, become organic matter, feed the roots of palnts etc etc and be reborn as a chemical additive which anothe lifeform will feed on etc etc..

sorry- i really have to go, reluctantly, to search for my dog.

I really hope this most interesting of threads is still here tomorrow.

Thanks to the 2 butlers for the super debate, and the others too:thumbup:

catch you in a bit:biggrin:

i hope ill be back lol

Knowledge....or truth? could we say these are the same things?

Not at all!

To be fair, one would expect a religious group to come out with that though!:biggrin:

It's like church denominations. The moment one declares itself "non-denominational" is has become the non-denominational denomination!!! Same with 'religion', 'faith' or anything else; if you don't believe in it (perhaps you have been hurt by it or hate it) you are in the "anti religion" religion! Simples. So if you are adamant that God doesn't exist you are in the "God absolutely doesn't exist" Army or religion or a.n.other term.

(death):001_smile:

Can of worms then; why does man generally mourn death - discuss...

and this is the crux of it all, and yet also the proof that god doesnt exist.....there is no meaning to life, unless one needs it through centuries of insecurity and a desire for answers which arent there.

Truth is a human concept, as is the desire to know how and why we are here. If those questions are so relevant to the whole universe, then why do all animals other than humans not have the issues we do abiout those topics. Faith and belief themselves PROVE beyond doubt that god doesnt and cannot exist, fo if paradise/ heaven was found and quantified, it would disappear in a huge puff of logic and human failure, as described by the authors of the bible. you have just proven the non-existence of god for me.:biggrin:

So why is there life at all? The above is as strong a held "belief" as the other "belief" it claims to disprove?!

Man made god.

Man did it to be able to control society in the beginning.

Man has made many many gods!

It's like church denominations. The moment one declares itself "non-denominational" is has become the non-denominational denomination!!! Same with 'religion', 'faith' or anything else; if you don't believe in it (perhaps you have been hurt by it or hate it) you are in the "anti religion" religion! Simples. So if you are adamant that God doesn't exist you are in the "God absolutely doesn't exist" Army or religion or a.n.other term.

I think thats a bit too convenient TBH and doesnt really allow for any logic to be applied. If the logic IS applied then one will relaise that god can only exist in a faith (the belief in a transcendent (not real) reality) situation, which not only doesn't prove his existence, but MUST prove his non-existence.

Can of worms then; why does man generally mourn death - discuss...

Not all of man really does...and its mostly modern man that does....the mesopotamians never did for example.

So why is there life at all? The above is as strong a held "belief" as the other "belief" it claims to disprove?!

The big question that only those with faith seem to need an answr to. I am happy that it just does, there is no reason IMO.

Man has made many many gods!

Which in itself proves that God (the christian one) is not a real entity.:001_smile:

Edited by tommer9

The problems with religions is that although most claim to have freedom of choice the children are forced to attend services and have constant pressure!!

Who believes in aliens and wood spirits?

Religion is crutch. In numerous areas of the world people have been forced into a brainless condition.

This is from experience and not personal. Some heated comments.:lol:

As far as the foster, adoptive parents go; If the kids are brought up in a loving family, taught morals and respect, I don't have an issue if they are gay, christian, muslim or hobbits.

Well said.

I view things in the same way as Tom and Dave. The issue that I had was sitting in a Religious Education lesson and listening to the teacher saying that if Hitler said sorry just before he died, he would be let into heaven. That never sat well with me.

The other question that I have, If indeed God created everything, and the Ark really happened, Where did dinosaurs remains that are 100 million years old, come from???

Tom

Well said.

I view things in the same way as Tom and Dave. The issue that I had was sitting in a Religious Education lesson and listening to the teacher saying that if Hitler said sorry just before he died, he would be let into heaven. That never sat well with me.

The other question that I have, If indeed God created everything, and the Ark really happened, Where did dinosaurs remains that are 100 million years old, come from???

Tom

the bible describes dinosaurs...as far as saying sorry and being forgivon...i too cant understand it but im glad i belive im forgiven

So god made all things, there for he must be even greater than the things he made and to suggest great things had no maker is foolish.

Just one question, who made god???????????????

Faith my freind