Loler for Arb kit

Andy Collins

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've been climbing for 17 years, but my knowledge of may different types of arb gear is very limited, sure I know about the stuff I have used, but not the stuff I haven't, many arb retailers will have a much wider knowledge than me.

This thread is making me realise that LOLER is an even bigger waste of time than I thought.

Not sure what you mean, is what all I needed?

Sorry to sound vague Justin. you posted copies of your well earned certificates, but nothing else, someone else said "Does that mean they have to be qualified climbers"?

The answer is yes they do have to be a qualified climber.

HSE recommendations are to hold CS38/39/41

This is how we prove competence.

Sorry to sound vague Justin. you posted copies of your well earned certificates, but nothing else, someone else said "Does that mean they have to be qualified climbers"?

The answer is yes they do have to be a qualified climber.

HSE recommendations are to hold CS38/39/41

This is how we prove competence.

:sneaky2::001_rolleyes:

This thread is making me realise that LOLER is an even bigger waste of time than I thought.

LOLER tickets are great when the proverbial hits the fan.......there are 2 main groups ofpeople who can benefit from LOLER tickets......the testers, and the lawyers.....no offence to testers, but its like an MOT on a car- it only has to pass on the day of the test. If i get my rope passed, and the next day, or even later the same day, nick it with a silky, but fail to notice during the climb, then maybe the rope fails a short while later, the loler ticket isnt worth the paper its written on.

LOLER tickets are great when the proverbial hits the fan.......there are 2 main groups ofpeople who can benefit from LOLER tickets......the testers, and the lawyers.....no offence to testers, but its like an MOT on a car- it only has to pass on the day of the test. If i get my rope passed, and the next day, or even later the same day, nick it with a silky, but fail to notice during the climb, then maybe the rope fails a short while later, the loler ticket isnt worth the paper its written on.

I know what you mean, the problem is the minority cause the problem for the majority.

one brief example. a candidate turned up for a CS39 course his boss had lolerd his kit and his work position strop was that bad i would not even use it for a dog lead

our firm makes us do a weekly kit check, at the end of a day, because we worked efficiently and got done were rewarded with "tasks"

this breeds contempt, especialy when i check my kit every day as a matter of course.

do they seriously think that after 24 years i dont know how to detect faults in my equipment? soon best practice and reccomendations will mean a daily recorded check, not just weekly, can you imagine having to do that?

its mind numbing once a week!

our firm makes us do a weekly kit check, at the end of a day, because we worked efficiently and got done were rewarded with "tasks"

this breeds contempt, especialy when i check my kit every day as a matter of course.

do they seriously think that after 24 years i dont know how to detect faults in my equipment? soon best practice and reccomendations will mean a daily recorded check, not just weekly, can you imagine having to do that?

its mind numbing once a week!

It’s not about what you can or can’t do and it’s not designed to insult your intelligence, it’s about lifting operations across all industries.

You are clearly making a daily check, what more effort is it to record the check?

Why do you say there will soon be a recorded daily check? Is that just what you think or do you have knowledge of some impeding changes?