What size winch have you got on your truck?

mpb

You have timed it just about right, the indoor 4x4 show is at the county showground Stafford which I think is 19/20 March so there will be plenty to choose from on your doorstep.

However, David Bowyers Goldfish which is totally waterproof is the one I would recommend, they are tried and tested, and if you can afford it a goodwich dyneema rope.

You will get cheaper but £ for £ they are best value for money, in my opinion.

That was my plan, to go and have a look at the different options. I can see my credit card getting a good bashing that weekend.

Cheers

Martin

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i will recommend if you get sorted giving Dave Bowyers a ring,for bits, they helped me no end with mine. I rang them up told them the set up what winch, solenoid location etc etc and they sorted making the whole wiring loam for me so I just had to bolt it all in, even sorted me a fitting kit for the winch as i didnt get one and they had an old one in stock. Really helpful even when i rang up having some blond moments with the wiring of the lodar. He knows a lot about winches and their applications,

The goodwinch is ok I have one on the rear of my truck and use it more than the 8274 on the front for moving timber turning stumps etc. Two winch's are handy I got stuck on a field on saturday had to use front to pull myself forward then rear to pull trailer back to truck a ground anchor comes in handy sometimes.

Electric winches are reallly crap for extended heavy pulling with resistance, such as logs stuck in mud. I had a 9000lb X9 superwinch, and burnt its solenoids out for a pastime, and eventually burnt the motor out. On speaking to superwinch in Tavistock they explained to me that unless pulling cars on wheels with little or no resistance, the only way to treat an electric winch on the sort of pulls i have described would be a 5 second pull, then about a minute off, even if using allbright solenoids!!

Thats why I got a PTO winch.