ford 7810

timtree81

Ford 7810 was the best ford of that era , six cylinder great power to weight ratio better fuel figs than 8210 but there is a slightly better alternative from that era Case 956 , six cylinder 95 hp cummins engine a real pussy cat , built to work ,strong as an ox , l wish I'd never sold mine

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am having a crane trailer built from a brick trailer. I have gone the air brake route for safety and to meet legislation in the future. I hope to hire a tractor now and again as cost of tractor with air will be huge. Could there be the possibility of adding air to an old ford tractor for the occasional local job.

i dont think it can be done.. but you can buy a small device that fits on back of tractor very easily ... it works off tractor brakes and somehow converts it to air.. beauty of it is it can be taken from one tractor to another easily.. click on portable hydraulics to airbrake converter unit and have a look..

i dont think it can be done.. but you can buy a small device that fits on back of tractor very easily ... it works off tractor brakes and somehow converts it to air.. beauty of it is it can be taken from one tractor to another easily.. click on portable hydraulics to airbrake converter unit and have a look..

Thats an interesting find. About £3000 but much cheaper than a 150 hp tractor with air. I am looking for something with 4 wheel drive simple without to many electronics would be good. Wont be used for anything else and could sit around for weeks.

Thats an interesting find. About £3000 but much cheaper than a 150 hp tractor with air. I am looking for something with 4 wheel drive simple without to many electronics would be good. Wont be used for anything else and could sit around for weeks.

you could also have trailer with both air and hydraulic brakes.. we got a big 16 ton rear discharge muck spreader with both.. dependin what sorta money you wanna spend a ford 79 or 8210 are both good tractors [79 is exact copy of 8210 with down rated pump, quick turn of a 13mm spanner on top of pump and youl be pushin up to 130 hp].. trouble is with older tractors like that is there considered classics now and collectors will push price of any low houred tidy tractors wether its ford john deere massey etc..

you could also have trailer with both air and hydraulic brakes.. we got a big 16 ton rear discharge muck spreader with both.. dependin what sorta money you wanna spend a ford 79 or 8210 are both good tractors [79 is exact copy of 8210 with down rated pump, quick turn of a 13mm spanner on top of pump and youl be pushin up to 130 hp].. trouble is with older tractors like that is there considered classics now and collectors will push price of any low houred tidy tractors wether its ford john deere massey etc..

What would you buy to pull 15 -18 tonne of trailer. Bearing in mind I am about to spend 5k on trailer i will be skint for a while. I only need about 300 tonnes of cord at the moment possibly more in the future.