No one talks about Bandits any more

tomtrees

I am coming up from a TW 125 and had a demo of a Bandit 65. I thought it was a bit slow left a pile of chip underneath got a bit stuck on dead wood(had the new bottom roller on it). The TW dose chip small stuff nice and quick

But it took wood of all shapes and size never looked like it was under any strain and looked like a good solid no frills investment for life:thumbup1:. The tw wizzess along but I am always waiting for the bang

I didnt think I was going to like it no one talks about the little 65 much I have a Tunnissen 190 in my sites. Is it a case of the old tryed and tested or has the 65 been left behind by newer machines.:confused1:

Any one

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

65's are bomb proof, built to last and mine has never broke down, everything is very heavy duty.

The only downside is, as you have found out, they don't like deadwood.

It does help if you never empty out the tray under the bottom roller, just leave it alone and eventually it gets a solid layer of compacted chip that hugs the bottom roller and keeps big lumps of chip out

You will also need to extend the discharge flap into a box profile because it fires chip out in a fan shape all over the place, I extended mine by 2 ft and it's great.

The only other thing to watch is it will fire chip out like bullets, which wear your headboard fairly quickly. I measured how far it threw chip with the discharge set at 45 degrees and it was 150ft

from my experience i can only say positive things about them,

we have had a 150 for about 3 years and never had any real problems, the thing i love about it is it is so heavy duty, almost over engineered, it doe what it says on the tin and will take pretty much anything you throw at it, we always say that if 2 blokes can drag it to the Bandit, then it will go through