griping in the wet...

vduben

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heavy summer rain is the latest fashion here in the uk! we love it. Winter seems to be the driest season these days! i actually find i grip better without gloves in the rain, but rarely climb if it is heavy, emergency stuff only.... or get a mewp!

I book three days a week in, if it rains I then have two days in the week to move jobs into. If it doesn't rain I can fit more work in thursday/friday.

It's a system that works a treat .

Oh! ...and send the missus out to work helps too :sneaky2:

thats all very well but im a subby and if it had rained in the morning we wouldnt of started, it was one of those jobs where i had done 50% of the cedar and just carried on,

i can see im gonna spend a fortune on gloves in the next few weeks trying to find a good pair!!!

and like kev said.......... winter is drier here now!!!!!!!!! its mad

Monday last week we had the same, I started taking down a huge Sycamore and it started peeing it down at lunch.

I shoved my climbing gear under cover and was ready for packing up and going home. Another local Tree Surgeon was helping me, called me a wuss and persuaded me to stay.

We carried on, got all my gear wet and when I went to get out from where we were, the landy bogged in, it wouldn't come out with the chipper on.

In the end I had to leave the chipper on the job, lost £200 because we had to go back next day to recover the chipper and spend 3 hours f~~king about when I got home hanging all my ropes up to dry. This week I have had to work 5 days and still haven't caught up. I have to work monday which i'm supposed to be having a week off to do the defender engine.

When your self employed and they are your jobs, it just isn't worth trying to mess about and work in the rain. Just go and split logs under cover or something.

In total, just by working through that afternoon of rain will have cost me about £400