Sign of the times?

County4x4

Someone on another forum just posted this:

Free Tree surgery Cut down and timber removed Hexham on eBay (end time 23-Feb-11 14:43:25 GMT)

No mention of qualifications or insurance funnily enough!

Andy

Just sent them a message telling them I've just moved to fellside and have a large ash tree close to the house, asking what qualifications they have and whether they have PL or not. Should be interesting.

Dear mad_mini_mechanic,

Yes I work with a lad fully qualified he has all his certificates plus his climbing certificates very competent and also insured. Would you like us to come for a chat sometime.

- tezzababy230

Could actually be legit. Either slack work period and getting desperate or don't actually realise the value of what 'the lad' is doing?

Now I have to explain that I live at the other end of the country and don't have an ash tree (or a house for that matter!)

I have noticed more and more people offering free tree felling, and not all of them are cowboys. If you go onto gumtree you'll find loads of people doing this and some are actually professional tree surgeons with full insurance! How they make any money from this i dont know, i didn't think firewood was that valuable!

I'm sure there will be a lot more to it than people getting there tree removed for free.

Doesnt say that he moves,cuts up or removes the brash or timber he doesnt want. In all honesty how many jobs could you do for free and make a prfit from the timber, not many even if doing it working it out at cost.

Good on him if he can do a professional job and make it earn.

I know if someone was offering free window fitting,carpet fitting,engine servicing,landscaping etc etc I would be on the phone like a shot.:thumbup: