Calling all VW nuts! New 4x4 Amarok Pick up truck!

Beezy

:ciao: VW nutter in the house:thumbup:

crazy_.jpg

Nice poke and tyre stretch! Police will love you lol

Theres a huge vw scene around here, my mates just sold his slightly ratted caddy

had a 2litre gti engine, racing cam, ported and polished, was stupid fast on 13inch wheels!

59765934b76ff_caddy2.jpg.727efd5fcee14490b81ed22179ce1c1c.jpg

Edited by Tree Man Tom

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just started work on a renovation project today. Bricklayer has a G reg vw taro, i thought it was an early hilux til i saw the vw badge. He says it still runs like a dream and it has got 200k on the clock, I still prefer the workmanlike styling of the earlier hilux, not the femminine styling of todays variants.

Will be phoning the vw dealer would like to at least look over one just brought a ford ranger so changing now wont go down well

I run a Ranger and am due to change in June, have held off looking at the VW as it has 200kg less towing capacity, have to admit was a little disappointed that VW couldn't match the towing capacity of the Ford. I think that they have missed a big trick as the other figures look better than most of the competition. Will prob have a look at the VW anyway, sure it will be class:thumbup1:

i might be wrong, but i dont think theres any pickup that matches the ranger for towing capacity is there?

The Isuzu Rodeo and the Nissan NP300 (slightly modded D22) have a 3000kg towing capacity. On the NP300 - this pickup is available in the UK but Nissan seem reluctant to market them, no doubt due to the public relations disaster of the D22 conrod issue.

nissan_np300.jpg

The 2.0 litre engine size of the Amorok? have they pulled the engine out of the Passat and tweaked it for towing?.......suppose if they've got the gearing right it should be half decent work vehicle.

But at what cost? £20,000+??? no doubt.

Edited by scotspine1

believe it's based on a touareg.

they used them as the support vehicles in the 2011 dakar a few weeks back,, by all accounts they were ragging them to within an inch of their lives and they looked darn good doing it,,

if i was in the market for a pickup then i'd look very seriously at them,,

I spoke to VW about the Anorak back in july '10. Supposed to be out in Sept '10 then Jan11. Supposed to be all their own work at a price to compare with the L200. I liked the "family" identity and styling but a tow limit of 2800kgs was disappointing and the price was supposed to go up as soon as it was released. Aimed at posers with big pockets and small willies was how one guy put it to me!

I had a Taro back in 1990 - pants! Absolutely rubbish, just like the Hilux only you could not get bits for it. Mine had a pressure plate from a Toyota saloon car, friction plate from a Toyota hatch and the glass was all different which no one stocked. I knew within a month that I should have gone LR but had it on finance for 3 years, Swapped it as soon as I could and it was worth naff all. Big Big Mistake:thumbdown:

Edited by PeteB
Syntax error