Alder

Derek Trimblits

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How so?

I always stipulate when spraying that if it re sprouts I will treat again for free.

Never had anyone call me back.

Grinding is going to cost a lot more than spraying so you could be conning the client eh? :sneaky2::001_tongue:

Glyphosate at 20% just after cutting would hopefully do the trick. Well thats all I ever use and as above never had to re spray.

Never felled an alder though! :001_tongue:

As you say stump grinding would cost more and take longer but you can say to the client they have gone now as the whole tree is gone.Plus you get to play with a big toy.

Ive never done any spraying or got a qualification in it so i would stump grind it out.

If the client thought you was trying to con them or rip them off You just tell them the cost and put your fee on top So they can see they are not gettin taken to the cleaners. As Derek has said he would have to check with the LA about spraying.Stumping you would not so that's another thing why i would go for the grinding then spraying

when treating stumps cut a disc off the top before drilling or cutting the stump treat stump then nail back on will look better if public access. i would suggest that any chemicals are used as described on the label

Good call there pal -been a while since I've done any stump treatments and we used to do that when working on the council house garden sites. Also used to then cover with black plastic to stop any inquisitive hands exploring! Would be a pain in the arse to do 50 though!

Will definitely have to use as prescribed on the label also, might not be as effective but covers me if anything untoward happens -however unlikely that may be!

Thanks again