yell.com advertising.

cerneARB

Dont say that, i've just paid for an ad in there. Never thought i would but as a last resort with work so bad at the present, i thought it'd be a good idea. Cost me just under £600.00 for a 6x6colour ad :thumbdown:

well to be honest, a lot of bigger companies are pulling out, so that could work in your favour. yellow pages could even go full circle again and be a worthwhile place to advertise....at least for a year or 2 till the word gets around!

i stand by my first statement though

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont say that, i've just paid for an ad in there. Never thought i would but as a last resort with work so bad at the present, i thought it'd be a good idea. Cost me just under £600.00 for a 6x6colour ad :thumbdown:

Gets me plenty work :001_cool:

as much as i hate the yellow book , it still is the benchmark advertising tool. I had a guy call last week and state my advert stood out and looked pro so he wanted a quote.

( my ad is light blue and white, not green like all the others, so it stands out quite a bit.)

We win so much work from calls from yellow pages and yell.

I have scaled down the size of ads and money I spend but it works if you have a good ad with all the right info.

I am thinking of dropping my thomson local ads.

The internet will take over one day for sure but I belive they is still a place for yellow pages in my area,

I understand where steve is coming from as he is in suffock where I hear they are around 60 companies advertising where they are two major town/citys Ipwich and Norwich and stunning landscape between the two and down into Essex.

But South East London the money bits are wall to wall trees and property loads of work.

For us YP are rubbish, we used to spend over 1000 on them, i ask every client where they heard about us, yp accounts for around 5% of our turnover.

Many of the online directories are also poor, i ask all online enquiries where they found the site, the vast majority come from the big search engines. Almost everone says they just typed "tree surgeon edinburgh" into their engine rather than an online directory. I just make sure that I am page 1 on as many engines as poss.

why dont you guys have a sponsored link on google.

you control the budget and the advertising area and can pause the add if on hols or too busy.

only drawback is you have to set it up yourself.

it works well for me and yell and other cold calling web rep companies hate it as they cant compete

• 3 weeks later...

Becareful my friends

I had a blazing row with these numties today

Just because of what we do we WILL PAY MORE than other professions

thats like for for like exactly the same specification

same cost implication to them its as plain and simple as 'they want to make more brass out of us !!!!

Now I dont mind business In fact I bloody love the challenge

But I do object to some tosser making the load I have to bare more rhan need be !

Just because of the perseption of our industry & any possible profits

Feckin livid

Becareful my friends

I had a blazing row with these numties today

Just because of what we do we WILL PAY MORE than other professions

thats like for for like exactly the same specification

same cost implication to them its as plain and simple as 'they want to make more brass out of us !!!!

Now I dont mind business In fact I bloody love the challenge

But I do object to some tosser making the load I have to bare more rhan need be !

Just because of the perseption of our industry & any possible profits

Feckin livid

I agree yorkshireman. YP crap this year cos i forgot to aaaaaa1 the ad but my sponsored link is working well enough. YP are pretty unpro and i won't bore myself with the details or you either but i'm not paying for last year but getting my groundie to advertise for us!!!. and the fact that we are a premium business means exactly as you say £££££ more. If you go YP my advice is B+W cheap or blue. Keep it simple pro and honest and it will stand out from the £1600 ad by its simplicity.

• 2 weeks later...

latest edition of yellow pages.......3 adverts all on the same page with the exact same picture of a guy cutting with a saw.....one of the pictures is mirrored but the the same pic.........is that what we want to spend our money on?

id be looking for some compensation if i were any of those 3 companies, its a joke