A good year off to a very bad start!!

TArrryan

Firstly I'll say I'm writing this as a outlet, There are some things which have to be said but cannot be expressed with spoken words alone.

The year till now has gone well, with the mild weather clients are thinking about work in their gardens earlier than last year after the snow we had in the new forest, for the first time since I became self employed two years ago I have a full working week for this time of year, It feels like spring has already arrived.

plans have been made for equipment purchases later in the year - I'm buying a £2,600 GD106 Ifor Williams trailer later on - among many other pieces of equipment (£5000+ in total) and for the first time I should make a profit so I can put money away for savings and hopefully a trip to Japan with friends in 2012. I feel proud that I have the nephew of Lord Mountbatten (R.I.P) as a client, if all goes well I'll be doing allot more work with him.

Overall Its been very stressful but rewarding!

Unfortunately My mother Is now in hospital undergoing treatment for cancer on her spine. the doctors should of found it over a month ago but it wasn't until Esso implemented a private health plan did she get the diagnosis she deserved, It appears that for the past 3 months mother has been only a sneeze away from total paralysis because of the cancer pressing on her spine. unfortunately there are more lumps and its not a cancer that appears on its own, there's a source that has spread them around her body. I don't know about the rest of my family but I am personally prepared for her possible death in the future, It's a harsh reality to come to terms with but I prepare for every possible outcome so I'm ready for it.

when I compare myself to others my own age I suddenly feel 20 years older, most of them are still enjoying the thrills of youth, I on the other hand have sacrificed it and have started making preparations for my own future.

I have no regrets about my choices and I will stand strong, show weakness and we are cut down like the trees we fell every day.

If you have read all that then I am thankful

Have a good day everyone I'm going to clean my chainsaw :thumbup:

Ryan - Standing strong and proud

Life has a perverse tendancy of doing that to you: just when you think all's going well, something happens to make you question everything!

I'm very sorry to hear that about your mum. No matter what the outcome, you will make the best choices and come out all the stronger for it.

Take care.

How old are you Ryan .. apologies if I missed it.

I'm only 24, bet you thought I was older :001_tongue: no apologise needed.

Thankyou everyone for your kind words, I have just found out that they will be using radiotherapy to start treating the cancer in her spine tomorrow they will also take a sample of the one in her liver too.

I'm naturally a very quiet person, I find it easier to express myself with written words than speak them, odd huh!

what does not kill me only makes me stronger ;)